Need help with plants/algae

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Cobraxassassin

Reaction score
20210907_200734.jpg
20210907_200734.jpg
hi, need help!!! Please!!!

I have what I believe I rotala indica I got from petshop, what are the growths on it(I think it might be beard alage)

What is it how do I get rid of and prevent it?

Also I have a brown algae outbreak(diatoms) I'm cleaning every couple days to control it, its been almost 2 weeks(tank is re cycling after my cycle crashed and I didn't really know what to do) it's almost there, levels are stable just small ammonia readings that could very well be my tap water.

Ph 7.4
Temp 26
Kh 55ish
.25 ammonia
0nitrate
0 nitrate

Have a large java fern moss balls and a floating plant I can't identify,

The java and floating plant are doing brillaint but the rotala is covered in brown algae and isn't looking too good

View attachment 143022View attachment 143022hi, need help!!! Please!!!

I have what I believe I rotala indica I got from petshop, what are the growths on it(I think it might be beard alage)

What is it how do I get rid of and prevent it?

Also I have a brown algae outbreak(diatoms) I'm cleaning every couple days to control it, its been almost 2 weeks(tank is re cycling after my cycle crashed and I didn't really know what to do) it's almost there, levels are stable just small ammonia readings that could very well be my tap water.

Ph 7.4
Temp 26
Kh 55ish
.25 ammonia
0nitrate
0 nitrate

Have a large java fern moss balls and a floating plant I can't identify,

The java and floating plant are doing brillaint but the rotala is covered in brown algae and isn't looking too good
Limit your light intake to 4 hours then keep it off. I have been here.

Chill on nutrients only use r/o water for water changes. . Your regular checks can be perfect, but nutrients is a problem.
I use fertiliser 1x a week max dose should I do a large water change and hold off on any fertiliser? Don't have access to RO water atm so my chappy tap water will need to do unfortunately...wjat about the plant affected I don't think I can remove it without damaging plant can it be left or does that stuff spread easy? Should I remove plants bleach them rinse them and then replant and see how they go?

Y
I use fertiliser 1x a week max dose should I do a large water change and hold off on any fertiliser? Don't have access to RO water atm so my chappy tap water will need to do unfortunately...wjat about the plant affected I don't think I can remove it without damaging plant can it be left or does that stuff spread easy? Should I remove plants bleach them rinse them and then replant and see how they go?
You don't need fertilizer at the moment it's a stage 1 plant but you need non nutrient water. Tap water can be evil

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back