Need Help With My Ph

that 3d backgound is amazing can you remember the company who made it, what have you behind it heater/filter etc.

eggo I do apologise mate, I was ment to tell you before when you asked on the other post, the company is called magic aquarium.
magic-aquarium

I have got a inline heater plus a back up internal heater incase, filter each side and all the pipe work is hiden just the wave maker is visible.

Fantastic tank mate, They will love all the little crevasses. When you get the limestone, pleaseeee dont fill it lol :hyper: Just keep it minimalistic with a couple of tall pieces with smaller pieces at the base. Have the fish travelled far? Be good to watch them colour up, hopefully within a week or so. How big are they? they look a good size? Is there not a male amongst them? :good:

Thanks mate, I will probably only use a few rocks I want to keep tidy. The fish come from Czech Rep and got delivered last Tuesday to the supplier here in the UK. Not sure on the size I forgot to ask lol The guy doesn't know the sexes he said you cant tell untill later when they colour up abit ?

Good to hear, Ahh right, One of my LFS gets a lot of its mbuna from Czech. It may well be the bag making the fish look larger lol but if they are at least 1.5" to 2" then a male would be easily visible even when coloured down. Just wait till you get them then see, if they are all females its not to bad a male wont be to difficult to pick up :good:
Or they are actually very small and the bags making them look much bigger.

Only 2 more days to wait then I will see :) never ordered fish online so I was hesitant but I could not get them any where else.

Quick question, let's say the 10 iv ordered are small like 1" if I buy more should I try and get the same sort of size or is it ok to get larger ones ?

As long as the ones you have ordered aren't too small that they can be eaten( dont look small) then yes, you can add any size to the 10 you will have.

Ok cool, don't think I will add more untill these 10 have settled and everything is running for a few weeks.

My fish arrive tomorrow before 12:30 so excited!

Here's yesterdays and today's test results.

29/7/12

PH: 8
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5
KH: 110
GH: 160

30/7/12

Ammonia: 0.50
Nitrite: 0.4
KH: 120
GH: 140

Today's results were after 1/3 water change and I doses a little ammonia which will all be gone by tomorrow.

Iv got a question: is it normal to get a low nitrite reading after a water change ?

My fish arrive tomorrow before 12:30 so excited!

Here's yesterdays and today's test results.

29/7/12

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
KH: 110
GH: 160

30/7/12

Ammonia: 0.50
Nitrite: 0.4
KH: 120
GH: 140

Today's results were after 1/3 water change and I doses a little ammonia which will all be gone by tomorrow.

Iv got a question: is it normal to get a low nitrite reading after a water change ?
Some water supplies might have a bit of nitrite in them. Have you a baseline of your tap water to compare?

Fish arrived over an hour ago :- all looking good and healthy, I introduced them verry slowly and they are all over in one of the corners of the rocky caves lol.
From what I can see there is at least 2 males maybe 3, as soon as I put them in the tank there colours looked stronger.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me and gave me advice. I will start a new post once they have settled in.

Fish arrived over an hour ago :- all looking good and healthy, I introduced them verry slowly and they are all over in one of the corners of the rocky caves lol.
From what I can see there is at least 2 males maybe 3, as soon as I put them in the tank there colours looked stronger.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me and gave me advice. I will start a new post once they have settled in.
Glad to hear they are in and doing well :good:

You know the Nitrite reading could just be from taking a reading just after a water change. A bit of ammonia in tap water bound up by the conditioner , being processed down giving that reading.

I never test until at least 12 hrs after a water change. soon enough you'll find yourself testing less and less.

I fully expect some pictures of your new inmates soon.

They will love all the little crevasses.

They loved them a little to much! 3 of them managed to find a way around to one of the areas where all the pipe work is, there was a space at the side of one of the return whole and they got through, it just took me 3 hours to get them back out! I have plugged the spaces with spunge so it never happens again ! Fingers crossed

They look like they love it in there tho lol

Most reactions

trending

Back