Need Help With Id Of Rescued Gourami

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fishnovice

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Took in 2 unwanted gourami They are orange gold, more orange than my golden 3 spot and don't have any spots. Their backs have some grey colour which fades down their side.They are slightly bigger than my 3 spot gold. Adults and was told they are elderly. Get on well with my moonlight and gold so far.
What species are they and what do they eat? Feed y gourai Tetramin flake and blood worm . Also feed catfish pellets for the plec in the gourami tank

Took in 2 unwanted gourami They are orange gold, ore orange than my golden 3 spot and don't have any spots. Their backs have some rey colour which fades down their size.They are slightly bigger than jmy 3 spot gold. Adults and was told they are elderly. Get on well wiht my moonlight and gold so far.
What species are they and what do they eat? Feed y gourai Tetramin flake and blood worm . Also feed catfish pellets for the plec in the gourami tank

Honey gouramis? Google it.

No they are too big for honey, also more reddish. They're slightly larger than my 3spot, have red eyes and grey backs

Once we had a member mistake one of these cichlids for a gourami. Could it be a Festivum?

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/cichlid/FlagCichlid.php

Once we had a member mistake one of these cichlids for a gourami. Could it be a Festivum?

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/cichlid/FlagCichlid.php
i'm never going to be allowed to live down the "giant cories" which turned out to be Syno am I???
I keep various cichlids and know what they look like. This is DEFINITELY an air breathing gourami with long trailing antennae like pectoral fins. Also peaceful and get on with my other 2 gourami, unlike cichlids.They are both greyish backed orange spotless gourami slightly bigger than a 3 spot.They have red eyes, unlike the 3 spot

im still quessing that it is a trichogaster trichopterus since there is heaps of variations of colours

remember if you can get some pictures it will be alot easier.

a bit like this?

gourami+2%5B1%5D.JPG

a bit like this?

gourami+2%5B1%5D.JPG
Yes similar to photo but with more grey on their back. About 5in plus tail.To be honest all gourami look the same to me, just slight diference in colour and size. Presumably all gourami eat the same food too?

it would definatly be a tichogaster trichopterus then
just a differnent variety of colours which they generally do

So it's a no spot 3-spot? Now I have 3 of these 3 spots then, one spotted and 2 grey. How do you tell sexes apart in gourami? Would they breed naturally if at least 1 was male? Bubble nests would be awesome to watch.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back