Need help with danio fry! Pls respond

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Caden Fisher

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello! My zebra danios have been spawning like crazy lately and i now have a self standing breeder box sitting in a small bin with a heater and over 30 fry in it. I have an empty 5 gallon tank with a heater but no filter and my question is, should I move the fry to that? About ten of the fry are free swimming and eating my infusoria. Any tips are appreciate!

Thanks!

Attachments

• C01AC653-203F-430A-A4F8-F19DD00B4745.jpeg
    C01AC653-203F-430A-A4F8-F19DD00B4745.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 42
keep feeding infusoria for about a week or two, change them to the 5 gallons but keep in mind that they can only last about a month in there (the sooner you move them to something bigger the better) danios are hardy fish so no heater should not be a problem as long as the room is above 10 degrees celsius, try feeding them as much live foods as possible to make them grow faster for an easy protein-rich meal I feed the guts of a mealworm that I gut loaded, if the danios keep spawning try to keep control where the fry are moved from container to container as new batches appear.

keep feeding infusoria for about a week or two, change them to the 5 gallons but keep in mind that they can only last about a month in there (the sooner you move them to something bigger the better) danios are hardy fish so no heater should not be a problem as long as the room is above 10 degrees celsius, try feeding them as much live foods as possible to make them grow faster for an easy protein-rich meal I feed the guts of a mealworm that I gut loaded, if the danios keep spawning try to keep control where the fry are moved from container to container as new batches appear.
Great stuff! Thanks

Theyre fine in the small space until they're bit bigger. You don't wanna start too large as then the fry are farther away from the food, so keep them in the smaller setup for at least 2 weeks, then move them to the 5g but keep water level low to make it easier to find food.
An airstone is fine, or a small sponge filter, but water should be changed daily with fry anyways to reduce the growth hormone emitted into the water by the fry, to promote fast proper growth.

keep them in the smaller setup for at least 2 weeks
agree, during those 2 weeks feed the infusoria and then change them to the 5 gallons, also if you want to make a filter is as easy as covering an air stone with some coarse sponge, that makes an easy and effective DIY sponge filter.

Theyre fine in the small space until they're bit bigger. You don't wanna start too large as then the fry are farther away from the food, so keep them in the smaller setup for at least 2 weeks, then move them to the 5g but keep water level low to make it easier to find food.
An airstone is fine, or a small sponge filter, but water should be changed daily with fry anyways to reduce the growth hormone emitted into the water by the fry, to promote fast proper growth.
Thanks! I’ll wait awhile until I move the fry
agree, during those 2 weeks feed the infusoria and then change them to the 5 gallons, also if you want to make a filter is as easy as covering an air stone with some coarse sponge, that makes an easy and effective DIY sponge filter.
Cool!

Put them in the largest tank you have and feed them egg yolk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back