Need help unknown cause of rust color speck of dusts

etaskusut

Reaction score
I started this hobby not too long ago and got many obstacle already, last weeks i struggle with diatoms problem, and solve it by eliminating light in water reservoir
And now, Im confused what is this things that keep appearing in my betta jar, rust colored speck of dusts, its found at the bottom too
It appear 2 days after i did complete water changes and its become much worse at day 3
Is it brown algae?
Or its just sediment from my l
activated carbon granules absorbing methylene blue I put in the water?
I had friends who keep betta fish too and he doesnt have this problem, even he doesnt know what's wrong with my water

Heres the photos
https://imgur.com/gC0hgSB

https://imgur.com/O83tok4

Fish poop and blue green algae (Cyanobacter bacteria).

Your fish have clamped fins too so change their water every day, and wipe the jars out to fix both issues. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the container.

Do not use carbon if you use chemicals like Methylene Blue because the carbon will adsorb the medication.

Fish poop and blue green algae (Cyanobacter bacteria).

Your fish have clamped fins too so change their water every day, and wipe the jars out to fix both issues. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the container.

Do not use carbon if you use chemicals like Methylene Blue because the carbon will adsorb the medication.
Thank you for the fast reply
I change the water once they turn brown just to see them turning like that again after 3day, I keep changing them every 2 to 3 days while trying to find the source of the problem to prevent it from reocurring, I suspect it was brown algae so it wasnt
At least I know for sure what im dealing with right now, I'll try to deal with it and post an update

How big is your betta jar? A betta should be kept in well filtered and heated 5 gallon tank for best health and happiness. Did you cycle these betta jars? Once the tank is fully cycled, do at least a 50% water changes weekly. Do you have a test kit to check parameters like ammonia, nitrite, nitrates and hardness?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back