Need help to identify a fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Just keep getting a bigger tank until one day he doesn't need an upgraded tank lol

Thanks guys for the input! I've done some searches too but has no idea what it is. By the way, it is now 2 months with us and at the size of 3-4cm, it may look slightly larger in the photo 😊

Does it look like a big size fish when full grown? Its got a big head though, relative to its body.. Some of what you guys shared above are scary! 😅

20220711_010515.jpg

I think it may get pretty big looking at that mouth and those eyes....

It looks pretty healthy so your doing something right :)

It looks like a mouth brooding cichlid, maybe Tilapia as Wills said.

How big was it when you got it?

Does it sleep in the cave at night?

Does it have a favorite owner, someone it comes up to when they walk past the tank?

What do your kids think of it?

It looks pretty healthy so your doing something right :)

It looks like a mouth brooding cichlid, maybe Tilapia as Wills said.

How big was it when you got it?

Does it sleep in the cave at night?

Does it have a favorite owner, someone it comes up to when they walk past the tank?

What do your kids think of it?
I did some research and wouldn't even want to imagine how big it can go, although I definitely would love to have it grow big haha

Its less than 1cm when I got it, here's the video I took on day 1 https://streamable.com/igqs2t

He has grown to about 4-5cm now

No it doesn't sleep in the cave, and doesn't recognise anyone just yet. My kids are amused by the fact how it could grow that fast, learning something they can't get from the textbook 😊

This is the latest photo attached.

20220726_215844.jpg

Looks like some sort of cichlid or bass... The markings are interesting. Can't wait to see him color up even more!

He's tiny in that video :)

Keep us updated. We are all curious as to what it will turn into.

Is that am albino bristlenose photobombing the picture?
Think it is another (bigger) type of.pleco.

Hi guys!

An update to my little tiny fishie that has grown up further - and I'm convinced that it is a big fish by looking at its head, eye and mouth 😅

Anyone can now better recognise what fish is this?

20220807_132212.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back