Need Help On Diagnosis And Treatment For My Betta.with Pics!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

qwertylol52

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ok today i noticed that my red crowntail has some long transparent film like thing at the ends of its tail...it kinda looks like its the betta's protective slime coat...and on the bottomw of my tank..there are lots of it...i just did a 50% water change 2 days ago and i add dechlorinated water...temp and gh are all similar to that of the old water...i do not know if it is finrot so i just did a 30% water change and added a solution that claims it can help relieve fish stress and promote the healing or the protective slime coat that fish loses in times of stress...oh i also add that when i did the water change 2 days ago...i also added 1 drop, just 1 drop of melafix...my betta is eating and flaring well...

tank size is 3 gall with a heater and a small floating plant...from the pics...the tank looks quite small as it is the corner of the tank and the roots of the plants cant be seen...oh and i added in the black background so that there would be a clearer pic...

ok today i noticed that my red crowntail has some long transparent film like thing at the ends of its tail...it kinda looks like its the betta's protective slime coat...and on the bottomw of my tank..there are lots of it...i just did a 50% water change 2 days ago and i add dechlorinated water...temp and gh are all similar to that of the old water...i do not know if it is finrot so i just did a 30% water change and added a solution that claims it can help relieve fish stress and promote the healing or the protective slime coat that fish loses in times of stress...oh i also add that when i did the water change 2 days ago...i also added 1 drop, just 1 drop of melafix...my betta is eating and flaring well...

tank size is 3 gall with a heater and a small floating plant...from the pics...the tank looks quite small as it is the corner of the tank and the roots of the plants cant be seen...oh and i added in the black background so that there would be a clearer pic...

Attachments

• RIMG0001.JPG
    RIMG0001.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 20
  • RIMG0005.JPG
    RIMG0005.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 18
  • RIMG0006.JPG
    RIMG0006.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 21
What are your water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph.
Transparent fins is finrot.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back