need help making sure these are ghost shrimp

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
I hate to disagree with you, but Amano Shrimp arenā€™t yellow:
View attachment 99733
As you can see, they are clear. I do agree however that they have spots. So the OPā€™s shrimp canā€™t be Amono shrimp. Then again, I never said that they were Amono Shrimp.

(Picture:https://www.azgardens.com/product/freshwater-amano-shrimp-caridina-japonica-for-sale/)
Depends on the lighting, thats why i said a pale yellow brown. Its not a distinct yellow like a bee shrimp more like a pale yellow the old water in a tank is. Having said that i said it wasnt an amano shrimp. You said it was an algae shrimp. One of the common names for Amanos are Algae shrimp because of the copious amounts of algae they eat.
Where as ghost shrimp dont eat much algae as they are more scavengers.
Sorry for the confusion in my post i think were both talking about the same thing.
Either way the OPs shrimp is a ghost shrimp. Ive kept both Amano shrimp and Ghost Shrimp though never had eitherbeven bigger amanos attack a live fish

Last edited:
Depends on the lighting, thats why i said a pale yellow brown. Its not a distinct yellow like a bee shrimp more like a pale yellow the old water in a tank is. Having said that i said it wasnt an amano shrimp. You said it was an algae shrimp. One of the common names for Amanos are Algae shrimp because of the copious amounts of algae they eat.
Where as ghost shrimp dont eat much algae as they are more scavengers.
Sorry for the confusion in my post i think were both talking about the same thing.
Either way the OPs shrimp is a ghost shrimp. Ive kept both Amano shrimp and Ghost Shrimp though never had eitherbeven bigger amanos attack a live fish.
Yes, my bad, just a little misunderstanding. We where talking about the same thing. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back