Need help identifying white “bugs” in aquarium.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
You do not have enough plants to consume nitrates, so my guess is that you may be developing algae on the glass and the little critters are having a feast. Try for a larger water change. @Colin_T will be able to give you better advice.
I’ve actually been planning on getting some more plants I just haven’t had the chance to go to the pet store. Do you have any recommendations for easy to care for plants? I had another plant in the aquarium but I ended up tossing it because it wasn’t growing and kept breaking apart and making a mess in the aquarium.

Oohh, that is a tough one. In the mean time, do more water changes to keep the water quality up.
Can you tell me what you have access to in terms of plants. Easy is relative.

Consider hornwort as an amazing ammonia consumer. You do not want floaters unless you are willing to keep them constrained to a certain area. Bettas need to be able to get air because they are labyrinth fish, so having access to air is important. You have gravel, so that will require tab fertilizers if you get root plants. Consider Anubias or any other other epiphytes which can be attached to the aquarium decor.

Consider hornwort as an amazing ammonia consumer. You do not want floaters unless you are willing to keep them constrained to a certain area. Bettas need to be able to get air because they are labyrinth fish, so having access to air is important. You have gravel, so that will require tab fertilizers if you get root plants. Consider Anubias or any other other epiphytes which can be attached to the aquarium decor.
Will do ?? I’m doing a water change today. thank you for your help!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back