Need help identifying illness in green corys

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

saoirse32

Reaction score
I have a 3 month-old cycled 20 gallon planted tank. ammonia at 0, nitrites at 0, nitrates at 5 ph 7. Has been stable for 2 months. Had a betta and two green corys for these 2 months, so thought it was time to add 3 more green corys. Purchased 3 small greens. One died within 3 hours of placing in the tank. I am assuming stress/shock with that one. But, another 2 days later, one was swimming very stiffly and robotically, almost like a zombie mid-tank. His dorsal fin looked frayed a bit, but everything else on his body looked okay- no signs of disease. It was obvious something was very wrong. He died several hours after behaving this way. Got up this morning and the last recent purchase was swimming the same way- mechanically mid-tank. Fins are fine. What is this? I cannot find anything that describes this behavior.

I am now a firm believer in a quarantine tank and will purchase one and get it cycled before I purchase any more. I had just bought a couple of 20 long tanks to cycle and transfer these guys into when ready along with another 5 I have with a betta in another regular twenty tank. Want to take my time and make sure all is well and I can be ready with something that can treat this if it shows up again.

Can you help me? I would really appreciate it! Bought the corys at Petco...

What are your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, and gh levels?

post pictures and video.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back