Need Help From Someone In England

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

purple_drazi

Fishaholic
Reaction score
This isn't about fish but it's a serious emergency so I'm hoping that the mods will allow this and I'll get an answer quickly.

I'm in Canada and I'd posted here a couple of years ago asking for info on how to help an extremely elderly family friend in Woolwich. I was put in touch with the Woolwich Social Services and spoke to the Director there who said that she was in fact being taken care of and promised that he would keep an eye out for her.

I call her every year at Christmas to wish her a Merry Christmas. She's extremely frail and hard of hearing so I can't call more often as it's very difficult for her to speak on the phone and to hear what I'm saying. But for the last few years a call at Christmas has been our way of staying in touch.

This year I've called on Christmas Day, on Boxing Day, and a couple of times today but there's no answer. The telephone is ringing but she's not answering so I'm very worried about her. She doesn't have any family, she doesn't go out as she's too frail to walk very far, and her one big event every year is when a friend takes her to his family for Christmas dinner. She should be home but she's not.

I tried calling Woolwich Social Services again but the number isn't valid any more. Is there some way that I can get someone in authority, maybe a police constable, to go by the house and see if she's ok, or is there some way I can find out if she's been taken to the hospital or something?

Queen Elizabeth Hospital Stadium Road
Woolwich
London SE18 4QH
Tel: 020 8836 6000

Social Services
Call the main switchboard to speak to a Social Services representative. The switchboard is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Tel: 020 8854 8888

Queen Elizabeth Hospital Stadium Road
Woolwich
London SE18 4QH
Tel: 020 8836 6000

Social Services
Call the main switchboard to speak to a Social Services representative. The switchboard is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Tel: 020 8854 8888

Thanks, I'll try them!!

Did you find her? and is she ok??

I hope all is well

(and in case its every necessary again, you can call any police station with her name and address and they will send someone round asap to check on her)

I hope all is well
(and in case its every necessary again, you can call any police station with her name and address and they will send someone round asap to check on her)

I've tried calling the local police station but there must be something wrong with my grasp of long distance codes.
I'm going to try again tomorrow.

I hope all is well

I've tried calling the local police station but there must be something wrong with my grasp of long distance codes.
I'm going to try again tomorrow.

You need to call:

011 (international dialling code)
44 (uk code)
208 284 9826 (woolwich police station)

so: 011 44 208 2849826

Hope this helps :)

Maybe some kind soul could ring from the mainland and ring you back (if you are willing to supply your telephone number) To put your mind at ease.

I found her!
I wasn't able to speak to her because she's too frail and weak but I spoke to the nurse on her ward. Apparently she was admitted to hospital six weeks ago, she wasn't eating or drinking so they brought her in. The nurse said she would tell her I called and I'm going to send her some flowers so that she knows that someone in the world cares about her.

I * AM * SO * RELIEVED

*THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS*

happy ending!
:D

im glad you found her, i hope shes feeling better soon. btw some wards dont allow flowers so i'd double check before sending them, im sure she'd appreciate a card though :) she's lucky to have someone who cares about her, even if they are on the other side of the world, it makes all the difference :)

Yeah glad you got through in the end.
The world needs more people like you.
Regards
BigC

im glad you found her, i hope shes feeling better soon. btw some wards dont allow flowers so i'd double check before sending them, im sure she'd appreciate a card though :) she's lucky to have someone who cares about her, even if they are on the other side of the world, it makes all the difference :)

I thought that some wards don't want to deal with flowers so I mentioned it to the nurse and she said I might. She said to send them c/o the ward so hopefully that should be ok. {crosses fingers}

thanks for the thought about dbl checking though. you're right, it'd be lousy to have the flowers refused after all that!

Yeah glad you got through in the end.
The world needs more people like you.
Regards
BigC

{blushes}

Glad you found her and she is alright. I agree with the comments, the world does need more people like you!

I'm glad they will allow it :) im sure she'll love them and make her realise someone out there is still thinking of her :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back