Need help for my Cichlid

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Navdip Kumar

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am a beginner and its been 3 months that i jave started this hobby. I have 20 galon tank with 10 cichlid all of 2-2.5 inch size. One of them is hurt can anyone help me out with some tips that it will survive. Its been three days now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190713-191003_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190713-191003_Gallery.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 287
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The fish has been bashed and has a bacterial infection. Get a broad spectrum medication that treats fungus and bacteria and treat the tank.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate before treating. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. Wash filter media in a bucket of tank water.

Remove carbon from the filter before treating otherwise it will remove the medication from the water.

Increase aeration/ surface turbulence to maximise oxygen levels when using medications.

---------------------------
If you have 10 mbuna cichlids in a 20 gallon tank, they will eventually kill each other. If you can post pictures of the fish, we can identify them for you.

If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

Thnx for reply Colin. Doing the same what u have recomended. Lets see Finger Crossed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190713-214037_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190713-214037_Gallery.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 303
You have a bunch of mbuna cichlids (Pseudotropheus) with zebras and an auratus. They will kill each other when they mature. Having a single pair or a male and 2 females might be ok, but that tank is a bit small for mbuna, which grow to 5-6 inches and are really agro fish.

You have a bunch of mbuna cichlids (Pseudotropheus) with zebras and an auratus. They will kill each other when they mature. Having a single pair or a male and 2 females might be ok, but that tank is a bit small for mbuna, which grow to 5-6 inches and are really agro fish.
Its been 3 months and i have tried my best and till now i haven't lost anyone. Have googled a lot to maintain them. Lets see if they survive. Have no option to remove them

You're really not setting yourself up for success here.... There's so many aggressive fish in a small tank with no hiding spots. You'll likely run into water condition problems as well....if you haven't already.

That tank is just too small for those fish. It looks even smaller than a 20 gallon.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back