need help decorating tank.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
It's a bit tougher, but you can find your own drift wood and there are ways to make sure you aren't introducing any parasites or issues. I haven't done it, but I know people who have collected their own driftwood for free successfully.
Be very careful though. Areas sprayed with pesticides may get it on wood which will leach into the tank. I would also be careful of what type of wood it is, some trees like pine are toxic to fish due to the sap.

You can also buy some off etsy or other sites online

oohsha this is embarrassing but please scratch driftwood away from the list🥲 i tried to look at my local pet store but all they have is that sharp tweeky wood and when i checked online, they weren’t as budget friendly as i expected them to be. sorry! only plants will be coming 🥲 hopefully it makes the tank pretty though!

Some wood (especially redmoor) can be super expensive, don't fret! You only really need driftwood if you have a pleco anyhow.
But if you decide you want some in the future, keep an eye on which stores might be selling off older stock for cheaper, and generally mopani type wood is less expensive than the twiggy stuff :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back