Need An Id

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

FungusTrooper

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Just went to the LFS to pick up some more corys for our tank - we had some already but the numbers weren't enough, yadda yadda.

Anyway, they had a donated cory. The guy thought it was a julii, but I don't think so. I want to get him some buddies, but don't know what he is!

Q5XqOoS.jpg

fG3lnzL.jpg

WSyLq16.jpg

Any ideas?

Aha, so it is. Cool.

So, anything special that a peppered needs other than other peppered corys? Do they follow the same rules as fake juliis, emeralds etc?

Peppers prefer cooler temperatures, what other corys do you have?

Emeralds and albinos in that tank (30g long) and trilineatus in my betta tank (15g tall).

The temperature just matched so I freed him, he swam down and started eating on the algae on the driftwood before sitting still and hasn't moved since. He's breathing fast, but the poor guy's just been through 2 big moves, so hopefully he'll be okay.

I'll start calling around and seeing if any of my LFS stock peppered.

Corydoras Paleatus=Peppered Cory.
Lots of plants, lots of hidey holes, clean water/slightly cooler, more peppers, and good food.
Mine go ape over shrimp pellets.

He has survived the day so far, and he ate some shrimp pellet when I fed them all earlier. Upon closer inspection, it seems his back fin is a bit damaged and some is missing - we're hoping he was hunted, and that's why he was donated to the LFS. We'll keep a close eye on him and see what happens.

Awwwww, does it still have it's barbels?? Keep a close eye on it, as well on the other fish. It might be finrot !!!
It isn't thin by the way, but it isn't in a good shape also. High protein food will do the job.
Never bought Paleatus, but always got donated ones. They can recover magnificent and become beautifull superfish.
Well done, but be aware for possible ilnesses. I've 8 of these fish and love them !
Getting a huge one soon from the LFS, which was donated also!

Just a quick update on this, he's taking pretty well to the new tank, I think. He's schooling with the emeralds, for now, which is nice to see. He's eating, and is slowly getting more active day by day.

As for physically, he still has his barbells, and it looks like there's a clear re-growth around his tail forming, but that might just be our imagination. I'll keep a close eye on him.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back