need advice

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ubasst

Reaction score
i have a 30 gallon tank that i want to make a mini reef.it has a eheim 2213 with the surface extractor,2 airstones by rena with a rena 400 pump running the stones.for the lighting i have a coralife double light fixture the bulbs are 65 watts one is a 10k light and the other is a actinic light..can anyone recomend what i could do for this tank..also i have live sand in it and 3 very small hermit crabs. thanku for the help.

i read a few books but this forum i just got into yesterday i found it by accident and i would like to hear what you guys would do...the eheim surface skimmer is pretty good but it makes my filter work different i dont know how to explain it but it makes the water squirt out bubbles instead of a water stream like the eheim usually does (i could use some help on this surface skimmer too eheims instructions are limited on this product) i have had the thank run on its own with just the live sand for 2 weeks.2 weeks later i then put 2 pieces of live fiji rock and 3 days after that i added 3 blue hermit crabs and 2 yellow damsels. so without any fish i had it running for a month

i thought the actinic would help the algae and the corals.i plan on putting another 10-12 pounds of live rock and 2 clowns and 1 coral and a anemone..sorry i dont have a camera the camera money is in my fish fund :)

ok today i bought more live rock so now i have 12 pounds of live rock i wish i had a camera because it is very nice the rocks are purple,red ,yellow and they have green plants on them there are little polyps on them and little worms i have no idea what the worms are..i paid 5 dollars per pound for the rock the guy said they are fiji live rock i believe him because they are like the ones i see in pictures...do i have to feed anything to the rock?i have no idea but i am going to keep the tank the way it is for another month..my ph is 8.3 salt is 1024,no ammonia and no nitrite or nitrate which ever one was the bad one i still have the 2 yellow damsels in there and i will do what u said ill buy 2 false perculas but im trying to buy the store owners black percula it is the nicest clown i ever seen.any of u seen a black percula?

also instead of reverse osmosis can i use poland spring water to top out my tank?
what do u guys mainly do? again thanku for your replies

also i just broke the $600 barrier on this fish tank :) my mom is very pissed :thumbs: i told her i got way more dollars to go

Most reactions

Back