Need Advice For My 60 Gallon Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Olive.g

Reaction score
Hello! I'm trying to avoid over-stocking and I wanna make sure fish personalities will come together well. I have a 60 gallon tank that's 36 in wide and 28 in high. Here are the stats taken by the API freshwater test kit:

Temperature - 77 Fahrenheit
pH - between 7.2 and 7.4
Ammonia - 0.25 ppm
Nitrite - 0 ppm
Nitrate - between 0 - 5 ppm

I currently only have a single blood parrot Cichlid in the tank and I don't want to over crowd.

I want to add:
- 6 cherry barbs
- a single algae eater
- 3 Cory cats
- a single rainbow shark

So I guess my questions are: do you think these fish could live together in a 60 gallon tank? Is this too many fish for a 60 gallon tank? Do the water conditions I stated above accommodate all these fish? Any substitutions and/or suggestions on fish? TIA!

What species is the "algae eater?" Some of these can be terribly aggressive, and none of them really eat algae anyway.

Fish as small as cherry barbs may well be taken as "food." Blood parrots do attain 6-7 inches (females) or 8 inches (males). The cories might be suspect here as well. Members with more direct experience with BP can probably advise better on this.

If cories are OK, you need more of them; they are highly social and as this tank has the space, a group of 12-15 would be best. I would forget the Shark though, that might or might not work. And again, depending what the "algae eater" is, it too may not be wise.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back