Need Advice For A New Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ChrisP

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I've just managed to smash the tank my betta was living in so need some advice / recommendations on a new one. It doesn't need to be big and fancy as he's the only fish that will be living in there. Something small with a little heater and hob filter would be ideal?

pets at home do a great little cube tank that would be ideal for a betta. i think they are 19L and they do a bigger one at 29L. they come with a filter and glass top but no light but im sure you can find a small LED clip on for a few quid.

if i remember right the smaller tank is about £19 or there abouts :good:

I have 2 of those P@H cubes, good value for the money.
I did find the filter flow a bit strong for the size of tank, but just stuffed some sponge in the spray bar to lessen it & my Bettas do fine

Thanks both of you :) I'll see if Pets at Home is open tomorrow and grab one of those. Sounds like it will be just the ticket. Cazcar do you use yours at room temperature or have you squeezed a heater in there?

I have small 25w heaters in them, there's just enough room on an angle

get the Tetra 10 gallon kit, but it has an internal filter(which I love about it)
It Is a really good kit, comes with almost everything you need, food, conditoner,etc..
Here is the link:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11459462&lmdn=Brand

ChrisP, I would suggest that your new Betta does not really need his own tank. Instead a nice 5 gallon tank of his own without excessive other fish might be ideal for him.

Most reactions

Back