Need A New Camera. Idea's?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

micko

drive it like you stole it.
Reaction score
Finally decided we need a new camera, the old one is all scratched and a few bumps and bruises and the second oldest lad will need a camera for his art projects at school soon so he can have it.
I don't want to be spending over £400. Anything under for a decent camera and I'll be happy. I'm not planning on becomming a wedding photographer or anything rubbish like that so it seems pointless spending loads.
I'm liking the look of that one on the television advertisements at the minute, the Lumix FX150 and its within price range.
All it will be used for is family pictures, days out, the zoo (a good zoom would be needed at Belfast zoo) fish and flowers. That's it.
Any suggestions on what would be best?

I found Nikon cameras to be excellant :)

I got a new Pentax GF2, its not anSLR but its very good quality, very easy to use, works more like a little digital hand held camera but with a decent lens!

The only downside is that there arent *too* many lenses out there yet, its still fairly new! They will start appearing and tbh, i have had excellent photos with the lenses i did get!

If you look on Amazon, they are sold as a pack with two lenses, a 14mm lens and a 15-32mm lens or something like that and it seems within your budget too. It works great for 'quick snaps' but at an exceptional quality which is what i really like about it :)

I use a Nikon D3100

Heres what a Nikon can do once you get use to using it.

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0007-3.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0007-2.jpg

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

photo-4.jpg

Sticker1.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

Garethszetecs.jpg

TwinhRSatleakstreet3.jpg

TwingoRSWiththebigeye.jpg

TwingRSatleakstreet.jpg

I settled with a second-hand Canon 1100d. It came with various different lenses, spare batteries, stand, travel bags and this and that. Just installed all the software on the PC. Its not a bad camera and had barely been used. I know the person who had it before and found out they were selling it.
Not a bad deal.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back