Need A Little Advice Please!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

linda1503

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. Just bought myself a little aquaone tank to set up a betta/shrimp tank. Its got an undergravel filter (I know, they're not very good but decided to try it anyway.) My question is: The 'powerhead' on the filer fits just above the plastic underground bit. Does anyone know whether a space is needed between the powerhead and the gravel or is it ok to have the gravel up to the bottom of the powerhead?? Reading that back to myself I'm just hoping someone knows just what the hell I mean! :lol: :blink:

What i did with mine is put the tubes (plastic things) in the bottom and had the powerhead at the top instead, this way you cant see a big stupid black powerhead lol..

Mmm, never thought of that! Maybe it would look better that way. At the moment its being hidden behind some plants I've put in. I'll give it a few days and decide which way is better. I always have a mess about at first rearrangeing things! Must admit I'm very impressed with the silence of the filter. can't hear a thing! Thanks 5teady! :good:

Just got back off holiday from your part of the country. Loved the moors! Very spooky and haunting but beautiful too!

To be honest with you, what i would actually do is replace the powerhead and use a airstone and a pump, this way you can control the flow rate as bettas dont like a current..

Simply just take the powerhead off, put the tubing on (as high to the top as u can) and drop a airstone down the the bottom (obviously attached to airline lol) and this will run the undergravel instead

Another good idea. Thats the way I use to have an undergravel filter many years ago. I didn't realise that bettas didn't like a current! Good job you told me that, I wouldn't like to stress him out as soon as I buy him! Guess its back to the pet shop for me tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back