Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
July 2020 Pet of the Month Contest

We had 11 awesome pets entered in the POTM contest but only one could win...

And the winner is..:band:
:hooray:
NCaquatics
Let's all congratulate NCaquatics and her Mexican Dwarf Crayfish
"Franka"
:drinks:

Here is the photo and description of "Franka"
20200910_001746-jpg.116085

This is Franka, my 5 year old's pet orange Mexican dwarf crayfish. My kid named her.
She is an inch long, no idea on her age. We just got her this week, but we are in love with her already.
She lives in a 2.5 gallon as a grow out, once she gets a little bigger she will move to a larger home. She will only get 1.5-2 inches tops.
She's very curious and sweet, likes to explore and move around gravel and small plants. Maybe eat a couple snails here and there.
She eats OmegaOne kelp pellets, shrimp pellets, and flakes, plus anything else she picks up and eats (she isn't too fussy, but she does like the kelp pellets most so far).

Congrats, NCaquatics with your fine example of a crustacean... your Mexican Dwarf Crayfish named Franka. You take excellent high quality photos.
NCaquatics...you are our first Triple Crown Winner...having won each of our 3 contests....Fish of the Month, Tank of the Month, and now our Pet of the Month contest. What a great accomplishment.

For those who didn't win, we hope you will reenter your pets in a future POTM contest.

Coming in a close second place, was FishBearer9845 with her very cute little blue and green eyed kitty name "Moo." What a great photo.

Coming in just a few votes behind in third place was Stefan3289 with her handsome Collie named "Lola". What a great photo with such a nice background.

Next up is our October Tank of the Month contest which will feature tanks sized at 17 to 30 US gallons. If you have a tank of that size, we hope you will enter that contest.

In mid October, our Fish of the Month contest resumes. For October FOTM, we will be featuring Betta fish. If you have a Betta, we hope you will enter the FOTM contest.

Thanks to all who participated in September’s Pet of the Month contest.

Last edited:
Yay! Triple threat triple winner @NCaquatics ! Well deserved, being the first to win all three!! So pleased for you :wub:

Some stiff competition too, all the entries were gorgeous, winning pets. This is the one contest I won't enter, because all pets are lovely and perfect in their own right, how can we judge and decide one is a winner over another? You're all winners :)

Yay! Triple threat triple winner @NCaquatics ! Well deserved, being the first to win all three!! So pleased for you :wub:

Some stiff competition too, all the entries were gorgeous, winning pets. This is the one contest I won't enter, because all pets are lovely and perfect in their own right, how can we judge and decide one is a winner over another? You're all winners :)

Oh yeah I'd cry if my dog lost and @Fishmanic refuses to accept my toddler as entry :rofl:

Remember.. it’s not whether you win or lose, what’s important is that you participate in our contests. Our POTM contest is a great place to show off your pets no matter whether you win or lose. All the pets in this contest were winners in my opinion....each in their own way.

Remember.. it’s not whether you win or lose, what’s important is that you participate in our contests. Our POTM contest is a great place to show off your pets no matter whether you win or lose. All the pets in this contest were winners in my opinion....each in their own way.
If I entered my dog and she didn't win, I'd take that way too hard, lol ;) I can take my tank losing, but not my baby!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back