NCaquatics - October 2020 Tank of the Month Winner! (17 to 30 Gallons)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
October 2020
Tank of the Month Contest

We had 5 awesome tanks entered in this month's TOTM contest featuring tanks sized at 17 to 30 gallons. But only one could win...

And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
NCaquatics
Let's all congratulate her
:drinks:
Here's the winning tank and its description
20201002_225255-jpg.118519
Rescaped the tank, so updating the photo and validation photo

20 gallon long
nano community

Stock: 7 microdevario kubotai, 2 sparkling gourami, 17 corydoras pygmaeus, 1 assassin snail, pest snails.

Plants: Moss, hygrophila polysperma, cryptocoryne pontederiifolia, cryptocoryne wendtii, cryptocoryne undulata, Java fern, anacharis.

Filter: 20g sponge filter

Light: aqueon hood light, T8 full spectrum bulb

Heater: preset tetra heater

Temperature 75-78F
PH: 7.2
GH 80 ppm (last I tested on the stip test anyways)
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate <20

Fertilizers: API root tabs for the crypts, seachem flourish as needed (I maybe dose 2x a month)

Water change: 50-75% weekly

Tank started off as a 10 gallon, then everyone got moved to the 20.

Last edited:
Congrats to NCaquatics on your well planted very nice 20 gallon tank. Well deserved! This is your second Tank of the Month win and you will be awarded a profile banner showing the two wins.

Coming in second place was Eziofezio with his 28 gallon sunken warship themed tank. Very nice tank, Eziofezio.

Coming in third place was Vanalisa with her 20 gallon high nicely set up tank. Well done, Vanalisa.

For those who didn't win this month, keep improving your tanks and enter it in a future TOTM contest.

Our next TOTM contest starts on November 1st and will feature tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. If you have a tank of that size, please consider entering the contest.

Remember, what's important is not whether you win or lose, what's important is that you participate in our contests. More participants make the contests more interesting.

Last edited:
Congratulations! :banana: I love your tank. :wub:

Congratuations! This tank is so stunning, and I love the stocking so much. The stocking chosen is a big part of what I look at in these contests.

Lots of lovely tanks again though!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back