Nasty Behaviour From Golden Nugget.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

STEVIE

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought a small,about 1-2 inch,golden nugget this weekend.
Last night i heard splashing in my tank and the nugget was attaching itself to my angel fish.The angel and also my big gudgeon now have sore looking red marks on them.What's going on?

What have you been feeding the GN? Try adding some blanched vegetables (like zuchini) in the tank and hikari sinking carnivore pellets.

Some pleco's like gold nuggets will try to suck the slime off large slime bodied fish, you should separate the nugget from the victim fish.

When this kind of thing happens, it's usually (not always, but usually) because the plec hasn't had a decent diet and is attracted to the slime coat of the larger, flat sided fish. Once this happens, I've read it becomes habit, so it may be hard to break it. If it's only just started, I would make sure the plec has a good and varied diet. :)

I've put some plec food tablets and cucumber slices in the tank.My BN is eating them but the nugget doesn't seem all that interested.
I think he's still after my angel as it's badly bruised on both sides as if it's been bleeding.I'm going to have to add medication as my gudgeon that's also been attacked is developing fungus on the wounds.
Is the nugget acting like this because he's in a new enviroment?
Will he settle down and stop this behaviour or should i take him back to the shop?I've only had him a few days.

I've put some plec food tablets and cucumber slices in the tank.My BN is eating them but the nugget doesn't seem all that interested.
I think he's still after my angel as it's badly bruised on both sides as if it's been bleeding.I'm going to have to add medication as my gudgeon that's also been attacked is developing fungus on the wounds.
Is the nugget acting like this because he's in a new enviroment?
Will he settle down and stop this behaviour or should i take him back to the shop?I've only had him a few days.

As i said you should separate him, he won't be stopping anytime soon and you will be unlikely to treat the angelfishes wounds successfully if its still being attacked- you don't want to lose your angel, the angelfish could die from the stress of its infected wounds and continuel harrassment. Do you have another tank you put either the pleco or angel in?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back