NASA's moon rocket carries small, important beagle

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
OK . What's the deal with this Saturn V pretender ? Is this one that flew today going to the moon and back by remote control or what ? Does it fly back to earth and land Space Shuttle style or go with the tried and true splashdown ? I don't know anything at all about this current space program and that's really funny because when I was a kid I knew everything. I could recite all the missions and crew names from memory and I had models of every rocket ever. Actual flying models and stationary. My masterpiece was a 1/48 scale LEM complete with the gold foil. The joy and wonder of youth has given way to the curmudgeonly miserliness of old manhood that scoffs at the money wasted on this endeavor.

OK . What's the deal with this Saturn V pretender ? Is this one that flew today going to the moon and back by remote control or what ? Does it fly back to earth and land Space Shuttle style or go with the tried and true splashdown ? I don't know anything at all about this current space program and that's really funny because when I was a kid I knew everything. I could recite all the missions and crew names from memory and I had models of every rocket ever. Actual flying models and stationary. My masterpiece was a 1/48 scale LEM complete with the gold foil. The joy and wonder of youth has given way to the curmudgeonly miserliness of old manhood that scoffs at the money wasted on this endeavor.
The times have changed, indeed...

This rocket is to test if the capsule Orion will survive extreme speeds and a temperature of 3000°c (I think) so if all goes well, the next rocket missions should be manned.
NASA is reaching for the Moon.
SpaceX is reaching for Mars.

Is it just me or the Mars Curiosity Rover is very cute and Perseverance is not?

To me , the space program diverts resources from social programs that could help more people than just the arms manufacturers that use this as their PR face. Billions and billions will be spent to go find out that there's nothing out there. Dust, heat , cold , vast expanses of nothing and nothing that immediately brings relief to the hungry and homeless of our own earth. What ? Are they going to find rare minerals or something ? And bring them back in sufficient quantity to help everyone ? Oh yeah , I can hear the howls now. All this wonderful technology is going to bring a utopia to the masses. Fancier TV's , more powerful microwave ovens , faster computers , colder beer , etc. Nope. Just more money for the big boys to beat us all over the head with and tell us we like it.

Nah,, me , the space program diverts resources from social programs that could help more people than just the arms manufacturers that use this as their PR face. Billions and billions will be spent to go find out that there's nothing out there. Dust, heat , cold , vast expanses of nothing and nothing that immediately brings relief to the hungry and homeless of our own earth. What ? Are they going to find rare minerals or something ? And bring them back in sufficient quantity to help everyone ? Oh yeah , I can hear the howls now. All this wonderful technology is going to bring a utopia to the masses. Fancier TV's , more powerful microwave ovens , faster computers , colder beer , etc. Nope. Just more money for the big boys to beat us all over the head with and tell us we like it.
Nah, space is cool😎

To me , the space program diverts resources from social programs that could help more people than just the arms manufacturers that use this as their PR face. Billions and billions will be spent to go find out that there's nothing out there. Dust, heat , cold , vast expanses of nothing and nothing that immediately brings relief to the hungry and homeless of our own earth. What ? Are they going to find rare minerals or something ? And bring them back in sufficient quantity to help everyone ? Oh yeah , I can hear the howls now. All this wonderful technology is going to bring a utopia to the masses. Fancier TV's , more powerful microwave ovens , faster computers , colder beer , etc. Nope. Just more money for the big boys to beat us all over the head with and tell us we like it.
To explore strange new worlds
To seek out new life
And new civilizations
To boldly go where no man has gone before

They're doing it so that when there is Armageddon on earth with walking zombies, and nuclear contamination, all the top politicians can board a rocket and go to the moon or another planet or the space station to survive.

They're doing it so that when there is Armageddon on earth with walking zombies, and nuclear contamination, all the top politicians can board a rocket and go to the moon or another planet or the space station to survive.
I wish them lots of fun.

What I was wondering "Iffffff there isn't any stuff found from the trip years ago ???

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back