Nano tank betta gift - help!

Not near a window but the tank is in a confined space. I stuck it in an unused bathroom to be able to hide it from my niece when she comes over & to keep my cats away. The door is closed mostly. I’ll leave it open & see if that makes a change :) Thank you, Pheonix, you’re a gem!

Your welcome! I really like it when someone makes a surprise fish tank, for a relative, so unique! :)

That would be a good idea to leave the door open, and see if the temperature lowers. :)

I am usually finicky on the circumstances of someone getting a surprise pet for someone else but this was a perfect moment.

Instead of a snail should I consider a ghost shrimp for this nano tank?

Hhmmmm.....depends on the betta. My betta fish fine with snails/shrimp, but I have heard horror story’s of other people who put $40+ of shrimp in a tank, just to have all of them die!

A snails would be a better option, but as I said, it depends on the betta. :)

Better safe than sorry with a child so I’ll go with snail, thank you! :)

Your welcome! Do you know what snails you would like to get? If you tell me, I can tell you if it would work. :)

I figured Nerite seemed generally well spoken about but I would appreciate recommendations of any others too!

I really do suggest Nerite snails. Mystery snails are pretty, but their antennas are much bigger, and could be mistaken for a bloodwork. Also, they produce a lot of waste.! :)

Guys!! Look who I picked up today! He’ll be in store cup quarantine pre-birthday Look at this widdle face!
9C48DA38-A400-4A45-BF24-6F50291C1385.jpeg

PS: Bought pretreated aquarium water, did a 50/50 water change on his cup to not disturb him any more than he has been by traveling. Also fed him. He looks lively and healthy to my untrained eye. :)

That's a beauty.Great coloring and finage. I'm sure your niece will love your choice.

Wow! He is beautiful! Make sure you’re temperature is in check, and don’t forget to alcimate him! :)

By the way Pheonix you were spot on!!! After the door was opened a while the tank temperature dropped down to the safe range. I’m using that 10g as a temp gauge since it has no heater in it & put the betta cup right beside the tank. I’d have set his cup in his future home but I’ll be going to work in a bit and I don’t want him floating unattended. He’s a precious little guy!

Ps: I’ve just been calling him little gentleman since he’s not mine to name, lol

Last edited:
Wait, so your not going to put him in the tank...?

This morning, no. Later, yes. :D

I didn’t want to disturb him too much last night (ride home was longer than it should’ve been) so he only got a water change & nice meal. Tonight will probably be good though!

Excellent! I’m sure he will be much happier to! :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back