Nano tank betta gift - help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
If the child is responsible and willing to learn, it will be a good experience. And the child has had fish previously so she has some experience. I think her aunt will guide her after having done so much preparation and research. And if the aunt lives close by, she can visit often at least at first till her niece learns the proper way to maintain the tank and care for the fish.

I can literally look out a window at my house and see her house. Very close :)

PS: I donā€™t mean to sound stalker-y, rather that Iā€™m nearby if there is an issue. :D

You are right about Anubis being hardy but it doesnā€™t do well in substrate, itā€™s roots go all mushy. It grows best either glued (aquarium superglue), tied on or you can let them float if itā€™s a little plant.

While I do appreciate you coming into this thread @Woody781 , I said the plant, ā€œAnacharisā€ was one of the very few plants you can just stick in gravel, and it will grow.

If you look back to page ā€œ3ā€ I said ā€œAnubis, grows best when attached to a piece of driftwood, or tank ornament, with a piece of fishing line, or driftwood.

Lol, none of us like to be stalkers! But I am glad that you are very near to her, so if anything does go wrong, you are right there to help. :)

Iā€™m planning on a 40L or 55 gallon tank for a tropical community for myself - I saw that I could get two 24ā€ hoods and a 300 watt heater for $100. My research suggests those are the proper sizes needed, is that right? Also is that a good deal or should I continue to shop around?

Iā€™m still not sure on what filter. Sponge seems interesting!

Photo of new stuff in the betta tank! Blue cave and a lotus bed. Before you say the gravel isnā€™t enough - I had to crop the photo a lot to upload it on here. Thereā€™s a lot more than is shown!
35160658-1530-482F-8188-243255A26EBB.jpeg

That empty spot in the bottom right is purposeful Sheā€™ll probably get a small gift card to pick out a piece of decor herself, thatā€™s the space for it. The live plant in quarantine might go around there too, I was thinking of attaching it to the silk one.

Oh, oh!! And guess what - I found an old 10 gallon tank from my college days that I cleaned out today!

It was bleached, soaped, scrubbed, filled & refilled. Now itā€™s holding treated water & sitting in a shower to make sure itā€™s not leaky. If allā€™s well I would like to start cycling that and buying plants early to start growing them out ahead of time for the future tank. Tomorrow or Sat I can buy a 50watt heater & 10 gallon filter to kick it off!!

Nice!! Itā€™s always cool when you find an old tank, and then clean it up! :)

That tanks looks good!! She will be so happy! :)

While I do appreciate you coming into this thread @Woody781 , I said the plant, ā€œAnacharisā€ was one of the very few plants you can just stick in gravel, and it will grow.

If you look back to page ā€œ3ā€ I said ā€œAnubis, grows best when attached to a piece of driftwood, or tank ornament, with a piece of fishing line, or driftwood.

Lol, none of us like to be stalkers! But I am glad that you are very near to her, so if anything does go wrong, you are right there to help. :)

Stalker what are you even on about?? Iā€™m not being a stalker, just giving advice because this is what fishforums is all about, asking and discussing what we donā€™t know about. I was sharing what I knew about the Anubis from what experience I have had.

Woody that stalker comment was to me. Read the top of this page. Itā€™s part of the ongoing chat.

Today Iā€™m buying a filter for the 10g I found. Plus the last couple things I forgot! :)

For my tank: Is there any downside to getting two 24ā€ instead of one 48ā€ hood? Would two make it difficult, or possibly leave any space for cats to get through on a traditional 40L/55 tank?

No @Woody781 , I comment was made to @FishAuntie , because she said (paraphrasing) ā€œ I live just across the street, and cane see her house form my window, Iā€™m not trying to sound like a stalker, Iā€™m just there just in case anything goes wrong.ā€ My comment was not directed to you, and I apologize if I upset you. :)

Do you mean lights? Or hoods? Btw, what kind of filter are you getting?:)

I picked up a store brand 10g filter, but am waiting on the heater as I smell a better deal around the corner (getting same one as I did for my nieceā€™s tank for the 10g, but doing a 300 watt for the 40/55).

Oh yes I mean two 24ā€ hoods, although they do have day/night lights in them as well. Specifically I was looking at Aqueon hoods. Seemed sensible to match the good brand to the tank. Is it normal to get two 24ā€ because I didnā€™t see many 48ā€s out there when I looked?

Hey guys! I just put the thermometer in the tank and noticed the temperature was at 82Ā°. The heater in there is an Aqueon 50 W, preset to 78Ā°, so I was wondering how it got up that high? Does that mean I should change it for a different heater?

No itā€™s not the Aqueon pro just the regular Aqueon 50. Itā€™s not adjustable but says it is supposed to be at a constant 78ā€™. I thought 50 was an appropriate size for this tank. Does that mean I should swap for a small one?

Umm....is the tank near a window? Also, what is the temperature of the air in your house? (Or the temperature of the air in the room with the tank)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back