Nano reef for beginners

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

31LJ95

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a getting a nano reef. I am thinking of getting the fluval sea evo 52. I really want to have corals and fish in there. Would that work? I have only ever kept freshwater fish But want to try saltwater. Also is it very hard and expensive?

I am thinking of getting a getting a nano reef. I am thinking of getting the fluval sea evo 52. I really want to have corals and fish in there. Would that work? I have only ever kept freshwater fish But want to try saltwater. Also is it very hard and expensive?
Sorry for the delay in the response there are not really any salwater people on here. That tank would work awsome. You would want to start off with some easy corals like mushrooms, xenia, kenya tree, or green star polyps. Saltwater is not really harder than freshwater it just takes more work, making sure the salinity and parameters are spot on. Yes it can be expensive but you cand do a nano tank for pretty cheap.

How cheap would it be. I am thkiing of breeding bristlenose in stead (If my lfs will want them). I really want a reef tank it’s just I won’t get enough money for Christmas to be able to afford it

How cheap would it be. I am thkiing of breeding bristlenose in stead (If my lfs will want them). I really want a reef tank it’s just I won’t get enough money for Christmas to be able to afford it
I think I spent about $150 on my set up.

I could afford that probaly how did u set up what would I need if it isn’t to much of a hassle

I could afford that probaly how did u set up what would I need if it isn’t to much of a hassle
I'll list my stuff
Hipargero aqua knight light
Aquaclear hob, (but you can use a cheaper filter)
Refracrometer
Salt (I use intant ocean)
Carib sea base rock
I just used a spare heater I had laying around but make sure the heater you get can be used in saltwater.
You can use tap water but some advise against it as it can cause algae problems depending on your water qaulity. If you have a fish store that sells r/o water or you could buy an aquatic life r/o filter for an extra $59.
The coral prices and fish all depend on what you want.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back