Nano Fish Discussion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
My LFS sold me 6 Neon Tetras for my new 48L tank. They are small and seem very happy. I hope it is OK for them.

48L yeah they should be ok. If you are really worried post a thread but I think they will be fine.

Tek oot.

The reccomended is 60 liters for neons. They're very active little fish.

And its better to keep them in a big shoal. To house at least 10 you need about 75 L

TheJack said:
It's a good job I didn't put 20 of them in like they said would be OK!
Never go to an LFS without doing your research first and deciding roughly what you want before you go. Some LFS staff do know their stuff but you can't be sure who is knowledgable and who isn't - after all, they are there to sell fish and/or products to make a profit and don't always have the knowledge and experience and maybe even believe what they have been told to say.
Even on forums (fora?) such as this you can get conflicting advice or suggestions so best to err on the side of caution - you can always add later if needed.

Scarlet badis, you recommend up to 1M 3F
Apparently females are very rare, so how are you meant to keep these fish?

Iv read that 2M can be housed together if try have sufficient space and enough territory.

I think iv become addicted to fish keeping and I just don't have space for big tanks, so a Nano is the way to go, and I really really really want scarlet badis...

EDIT: I'm relatively new to fish keeping, but could you go to our LFS and ask them to try and get something? Is that something that happens or no?

I would think a LFS would have the contacts to get females...
As I wouldn't trust 2 males in such a tiny tank...

You can order them in, as long as they are on their stocklists. You may need to do a bit of searching but they should be able to help you.

Tek oot.

Definitely don't trust 2 male scarlet badis in a nano tank.

As Tek says, you have to find a shop who deals with a wholesaler who stocks them. The other possibility is online, try Aquarist Classifieds.

There aren't a lot of UK sellers on Aquabid and the cost of importation is very very high.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back