Nano dry start.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fish are friends

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i started to set up my 5 gal nano and decided to attempt a dry start. I scaped the tank with gravel for height and then put a 3” layer of tropica Aqua soil on top. I added the dragon stone, moistened the soil and planted the dwarf hairgras, Monte Carlo and moss, sprayed more water on and covered it with cling film. Put the light on and left it.. my question is, how do I know I added enough water. I couldn’t see any pooling and the top layers are visibly wet.

I don’t know anything about it but definitely great questions cause I want to start iwagumi.

i started to set up my 5 gal nano and decided to attempt a dry start. I scaped the tank with gravel for height and then put a 3” layer of tropica Aqua soil on top. I added the dragon stone, moistened the soil and planted the dwarf hairgras, Monte Carlo and moss, sprayed more water on and covered it with cling film. Put the light on and left it.. my question is, how do I know I added enough water. I couldn’t see any pooling and the top layers are visibly wet.
Main factors are high humidity and no pooling. So if you are getting plenty of condensation without pooling you're good. Not much condensation, then spray more. Signs of pooling, remove cling film for a while and spray less. Balancing act!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back