Nano Adventures Part 2 ( Or How I Let My Tank Go And Started Again.)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The tiles look nice but the light doesnt spread very much. In other words they are very focussed.

I spoke to a gentleman by the name of giles at tmc and he said that at least a 4 inch clearance between water and light unit is advisable for optimal usage.

In my set up that automatically ruled them out but if they were used instead of a halide on an open tank i could see the point.

One of my lfs, The water zoo, peterborough, has the 1000hd unit for £179.

The newer 1500 isnt applicable for reefs it has a lower par apparently.

the best lfs lol

also is that the way they had on display adam on the left of the door as you go in (not there anymore but was blinding to look at)

welcome back Adam

looking forward to the progressyour tank makes andlooking forwardto the pics!!

On a diffferent note glad to hear you;ve come through your depression smiling and with new enthusiasm, The tank will porobably help that! :good:

Spent ages uploading photos to Flickr last night so I could post them on here.

Can't post them. Will do the same with Photobucket tonight.

have you seen the weedy scorpian adam nice fish just a pitty on the fact my fish would be lunch never used flicker so cant comment on that

you ever been warehouse aquatics near screwfix very cheap on the equipment no live stock tho except lr cheap water to ro waters free if you buy something and salted 2.50 a drum and ro 1.99 if nothing else is bought

7f137f58.jpg

Here it is in the shop.

5b70dfd5.jpg

And here it is all cloudy after my rock is transferred

Let the rock watching commence :D

Looking good adam, did you just cut the internal filter out? are you going to run your LED lighting on this?

I like the lido 120, it is certainly a tank i would look at if i down size at any point

Seffie x

Looking good adam, did you just cut the internal filter out? are you going to run your LED lighting on this?

Internal filter was removed by a new flexible paint scraper. (that's a tool and not a person)
Pops out really easily and opens up the scope for scaping.

These first few shots are with 2 x marine white led strips.

The following shot is a metallic gap taken with just my marine blue aquaray which is my acting replacement. All led strips are fitted into the hood. Making a total of 3 marine white and 1 marine blue.

95b40bc6.jpg

Internal filter was removed by a new flexible paint scraper. (that's a tool and not a person)
Pops out really easily and opens up the scope for scaping.

These first few shots are with 2 x marine white led strips.

It definately looks better without the filter unit in place :good:

And don't think anyone could say your led's aren't penetrating the water, I think it's the future for reef lighting. Low heat, shimmer effects and efficiency too boot, a few more years development and it may become more affordable also.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back