Giorgee

Reaction score
Any ideas on this beauty??
4" tip to tail.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200913-204421_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200913-204421_Gallery.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 234
Juvenile red devil. Looks like crispii beat me to it, but at least I can tell you it's a young one. What do you have it in with?

Yeah, well...prolly gonna have to rehome her/him. In with sweet peaceful rams. Lfs labeled this one a gold german ram. Lol. The behavior sent me investigating. She/hes a bit of a bully. Someone else suggested maybe an orange face electric blue ram. But again, not typical ram behavior and bigger already then all my others. Oy...what to do, what to do!!

Yeah, well...prolly gonna have to rehome her/him. In with sweet peaceful rams. Lfs labeled this one a gold german ram. Lol. The behavior sent me investigating. She/hes a bit of a bully. Someone else suggested maybe an orange face electric blue ram. But again, not typical ram behavior and bigger already then all my others. Oy...what to do, what to do!!
Yea these guys don't work with rams, seeing as they get about 12 inches long and can be very aggressive. Rams are also a bit more rotund in my experience, this guy is pretty long. I'd suggest rehoming or getting a 75 and giving it its own space. Orange face electric rams are, well, orange faced. Rest of the body is, well, electric blue :rofl: . Beautiful fish though, and will probably be very nice looking once it grows up.

Looks like a young devil. Cracking fish full of character but extremely aggressive and will become the boss of almost any tank! Here’s my little lady who’s grown insanely quick and is the boss in my tank lol.

Attachments

• 5C10F5D2-354C-4256-B26D-4A84DC277581.jpeg
    5C10F5D2-354C-4256-B26D-4A84DC277581.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 189
If that's a red devil its got a lot of coloring up to do. I never seen one that was white they are mostly all orange. sometimes red.

That’s a very good point which actually makes me believe that this could well in actual fact be a midas.

Thank you all for the feedback. Seems fairly unanimous on the red devil/midas/midevil guesses. She has since been moved to her own tank. Not before she cleaned out a good bit of my smaller fishies. Not mad, she was just doing her thing. I have affectionately named her Quey ('Q-E'). Short for the Executioner!! Hehe She has quite the personality. Time and circumstances will tell if we stick together. Shes kinda growin on me

Differences between red devil and midas??
From what I know, from above a devils snout and lips are a V shape a midas from above is more of a U shape. Also a true Red Devil is known for being longer rather than taller and a midas is generally more equal and more a chunky fish all over. Despite that though I think devils and midas have been mixed for ages so the chances of getting a true variant of either is probably a hard task unless it’s coming from a reputable breeder. Many LFS have midas labelled as devils and vice versa. Hope this helps

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back