Name that fish!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PunkRock050

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The one in the first pic is hard to see. Actually...theyre all kind of hard to see. :lol:

The first two are of an orange fish with a red tail, and the second one is strange...from the nose to where the tail starts is colored like a Pineapple Swordtail, and then the entire back end is colored like a Red Swordtail, what is this thing? It doesnt even have a long tail. (Look VERY hard and you will see it. Its facing away from the camera and downwards, near the center of the pic)

What are these things?

The last one is a new pic of the tank with my Camboba, Java Moss, and mussels in there.

fish4.jpg

fish5.jpg

fish6.jpg

The first ones a platy for sure. B) The otherone without the tail could also be a platy. They are probably just hybrids ;)

What kind of Platy is the red one?

I have a hybrid? Thats awesome! Now I get to make up some cool name for it B)

:D hi Fanatic,
I am a newbie and don't know platys from pirahna, but that yellow one with the orange tail is super cool looking! Really nice setup! :D

PunkRock050 said:
What kind of Platy is the red one?

I have a hybrid? Thats awesome! Now I get to make up some cool name for it B)
I am pretty sure, they're not a recognisable species - I've got some myself - pure white with a pure black tail. They look stunning if you do a search for "mutant platies" you'll probably find something about them ;) :thumbs:

and pondfreak... you've got 10 posts so you are no longer a newbie instead you are a "fish friend" B) :lol:

i thought i stumbled back into a fish game then! sheesh! mutant fish make a good film oh they did turtles mmmm april mmmmmmm oh sorry where am i ....

any other mutants species u know of aside from platys

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back