Name That Dwarf Cichlid!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ZoddyZod

Constantly learning
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
the fish below was sold to me as a Nannacara Anomala (Golden eye dwarf), but I'm not sure. Might it be one of the Laecatara species?

July12002.jpg

July12005.jpg

American cichlid IDs aren't my thing at all, but your mystery fish looks very familar, in as much as I saw some lovely looking Laetacara dorsigera at Romsey WOW with JDs4me a few weeks back.

well I'd be quite chuffed with a dorsigera - haven't seen a single one of them around here since I started keeping fish.

Make a trip to Wharf Aquatics Stu, they've got Curviceps, Dorsigera and Anomala in.

Could always post you some if you wanted? :good:

Cheers for the offer.....but with 5 Bolivians and this little fella i am well stocked in the dwarves department.

:unsure: Its face makes me think Nannacara

its face does - but the colouration looks nothing like any of the nannacara I've seen - was at a lfs only 15mins ago and they had some larger nannacara specimens which had very little in common with mine.

Anyone know if they change a lot with age?

I kept/sold both N. annomola and N. aureocephalus and i found they varied a lot in each batch and changed with their mood an awful lot, especially the latter. I had a pair in the tank and sometimes had to do double take as colour change made it look a different fish.

hmmm, aureocephalus seems to be similar. I've not noticed any colour/patterning change in mine yet though - always looks the same.

Well it's certainly not any nanacara species as the face shape and body shape are all wrong especially the colouration aswel it's clearly a Laecatara species but which one I couldn't tell you until near adult size and this one is only a juvi

that's a good shout reverend - just had a look through some photos and it seems the closest to mine.

this video of one proves it a little more....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR8T8MvYu3I

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back