Name and care of plant?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kevfiz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi can someone tell me the name of this plant, also how to take care of it? It's in tank 6 months and it's not growing. I don't think it's dead but it does not look the healthiest. I put premium life plant care in when I do the water change.
20190520_191414_resized.jpg

I have a florescent tube. I have also got plenty of daylight getting in but not directly onto the tank

The green fluffy plant is Ambulia and is a nice plant.

Increase light and add liquid iron fertiliser. Use an iron test kit to keep iron levels at 1ppm.

You can have the light on for up to 16 hours per day. But start with about 12 hours a day.
If you get lots of green algae then reduce the light by an hour a day and monitor the algae over the next 2 weeks.
If you don't get any green algae on the glass then increase the lighting period by an hour and monitor it.
If you get a small amount of algae then the lighting time is about right.

Ambulia will tell you when it's had enough light. The top set of leaves will close up against the stem, then the next set do it and so on down the stem. Under good conditions, this plant can grow several inches per week. The top set of leaves will also get a red tinge when growing well.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back