N3Ont3Tra's 37G Reef Tank Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
There wasn't any pics of the firefish.. lol.
But the water changes are helping. :D

Sheesh, that's a pretty fierce outbreak of green hair. Hope you can get it under control without too much stress. Glad you found your firefish, he looks pretty big!

Haha, what I was thinking... Holy Algae! The green hair def looks 100% better than my red slime algae I am fighting though. Fish look happy!

Ox :good:

Yeah the fish are happy which is the only reason I'm not completely freaking out. :D

So I was adding salt in the 15g tub i use to mix the sw. And I have about 2 to three inches of salt left in the bucket but it was rock solid. I was banging at it for 10 minutes with no luck. I decided to dump what I did manage to dislodge into the tub... and the entire bucket came out in one huge chunk into about 8 gallons of water. :< :X :grr: :crazy: :oh: :angry:

So i got most of it out but now im probably gonna neeed about ten more gallons to get it to the right sg.

i think i accidentaly left it open once... its not usually like that.

Wow, that is alot of algae good luck. I do like your red fish...hawkfish?? When I start buying salt, I'm going to buy a bucket also. Mostly to be easier to seal...if I remember to put the lid on too :rolleyes:

Lol, yes I have two flame hawkfish.

I tested the sg in the tub and it was 1.047. :blink:
So I took out two gallons and added two more gallons of fresh water. And thats about all I can do for the weekend because I'm out of water and I cant get anymore till monday.

Did a water change (10 gallons).
Moved the ricordia (the only coral) up to the top. It's doing great.
Bought snails online. They should get here Thursday.
Fish look great. Exceprt of course the firefish. I don't see him very often, maybe twice a week. I don't think I can really do anything, I don't even know where it sleeps. I doubt it will last long.

Did a water change (10 gallons).
Moved the ricordia (the only coral) up to the top. It's doing great.
Bought snails online. They should get here Thursday.
Fish look great. Exceprt of course the firefish. I don't see him very often, maybe twice a week. I don't think I can really do anything, I don't even know where it sleeps. I doubt it will last long.

Its a bit algae-eeee :shifty: , Other from that nice tank. Top man reefer dude :hyper: :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back