Mystery snail crossbreeding baby color info?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Maddie Dalsing

Reaction score
Alrighty so soon I’m going to try and purposefully breed my mystery snails trying for specifically purple babies. My first baby clutch was a few months ago when I only had 2 female golds and 1 blue male, I kept the eggs and eventually they hatched with chestnut/light brown babies. I eventually kept another clutch and again chestnuts from gold/blue parents.
Since then I now have a couple purple/black foot mysteries, I found out they’re female. Once they’re older I plan on breeding them so I need info on what other color to possibly breed them with.
Will an ivory/light foot male and purple/dark foot female make purple babies?
Or should I keep buying until I get a male purple/dark foot? And if I do will a purple/dark foot male and purple/dark foot female make purple babies?

Attachments

• 35842EB5-AB5D-4AB0-8E43-EC50E8C36307.jpeg
    35842EB5-AB5D-4AB0-8E43-EC50E8C36307.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 79
  • F46EA9BE-88A7-4C6A-BAC9-C4F3755B12F9.jpeg
    F46EA9BE-88A7-4C6A-BAC9-C4F3755B12F9.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 117
I need like a list of what will most likely produce what.
I know blue dad and gold mom made chestnut/light brown.
Sometimes it’s hard getting the mystery snail information I need online.

all genetics are the same. if you cross a yellow with a brown, some will be yellow but carry the brown gene, some will be brown and carry the yellow gene, some will be in between.

if you want purples, then you need purple parents.
if you want yellows, use yellow parents.

all genetics are the same. if you cross a yellow with a brown, some will be yellow but carry the brown gene, some will be brown and carry the yellow gene, some will be in between.

if you want purples, then you need purple parents.
if you want yellows, use yellow parents.
So if I crossbreed a purple with a black body with an ivory with a white body will the purple/black be dominant? Or will The clutch be half ivory and half purple snails? Or will the colors mix?

It's a toss up, hard to know which Gene's will be dominant for any breeding, the best you can do is make educated guesses. I would reccomend getting both purple parents

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back