mystery snail care questions!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lavathebetta

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i just got mine yesterday and didn't expect to like a snail this much (he is a ton of fun to watch!), i want to give this guy the best care/diet possible. he is in quarantine right now (5 gallon with some floating plants and a moss ball for now) but will be going into a 10 gallon tank. I'll be getting a gh/kh test kit soon to make sure that my water is at the right specs. i've seen some different info on food and any info is appreciated! I will be making some snello at some point (when the snail is in with my future shrimp breeding colony, should happen within the next 2 months, and the snail is in quarantine for a month anyways), but for now will be feeding a mix of vegetables that have calcium (cucumbers, kale, etc) along with some normal fish pellets. another question i have is if the reptile calcium powder that i have is safe for the snail. i have read about people putting it into the water and mixing it in with some food to promote healthy shell growth (mine has a couple chips/scratches).

the ingredients of the powder: Calcium carbonate, oyster shell flour, salt, calcium sulfate, potassium chloride, ferrous fumarate, magnesium oxide, zinc oxide, manganous oxide, copper sulfate.

TIA!

I don't know about reptile calcium powder, but I have two mystery snails, had three but one died. They are cool to watch, they are like the tanks acrobats, getting up high and jumping always landing on their foot... lol

One thing you can do is buy a bird cuddle bone for calcium, break of some of it and drop in the tank. As it dissolves it will add calcium to the water.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back