Mystery snail babies and an unknown baby snail

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DecayingLotus

Reaction score
So my only female snail that I have for about 8 months now has been on a egg laying spree. I was able to hatch an egg clutch which hatch sometime Sunday. Found baby snails in the tank Sunday night. Now I did round them up and put them in a breeder box covered in nylon panty hose to keep them from escaping through the holes. Today I found a snail that does not look like the rest. It's half the size of the baby snails and she'll pointy. I have no idea how it got in there since I have jot added anything to the tank, plant wise or decoration wise in over 3 months. Unfortunately I don't not have a picture yet bc my phone picture quality is bad. I was trying to catch it in a test tube but it feel back into the gravel. Was wondering if anybody can make a guess on how I got it or he possibility of what it is.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The pointy snail is either a Malaysian Livebearer or a common pond snail (Lymnaea sp). There are 2 different pond snails but they both look alike. The only difference is the spiral goes one way for one species and the other way for the other species.

You don't want any of these in the tank, especially the Malaysian livebearers. They are awful to get rid of.

I am still not sure how I got since it just showed up with I notice my snail clutch hatching which is really weird. But I will remove it and kill it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back