Mystery Fry?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Callisto405

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
what are these little fish stuck to the wall of a small temporary betta holding tank. Female betta. Other fish include Mollies, swordtails, SAE, Corydoras and a pleco. Any ideas? There are only 2 I can see and they are NOT free swimming yet so I know it's not mollies or swordtails

Attachments

• 20210427_124837.jpg
    20210427_124837.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 40
what are these little fish stuck to the wall of a small temporary betta holding tank. Female betta. Other fish include Mollies, swordtails, SAE, Corydoras and a pleco. Any ideas? There are only 2 I can see and they are NOT free swimming yet so I know it's not mollies or swordtails
maybe it is swordtails. I know they are smaller than Molly fry

maybe it is swordtails. I know they are smaller than Molly fry
Here is some info I have for you about fry:

Molly fry:
Molly fry will almost always come out with some sort of coloring to them. Whether that be a mix of different colors or silver, green, whatever color your parents are. They will be long and lanky, very long tail.

Swordtail fry:
Swordtail fry will come out smaller in general when compared to molly fry. They might also be one color instead of different colors.

I would look up pictures on google as well and compare your fry with what google comes up with!

I hope this helps a bit.

Hello,

Is that a male kribensis in the background? The photo quality makes it hard to tell.

You mentioned that the fry are not free-swimming yet - but the one in the photo appears to be swimming?

If it's from a livebearer, they should be free swimming already. It it's from almost any other type of fish, they "wriggle" on the substrate for a few days and then become free swimming.

Hello,

Is that a male kribensis in the background? The photo quality makes it hard to tell.

You mentioned that the fry are not free-swimming yet - but the one in the photo appears to be swimming?

If it's from a livebearer, they should be free swimming already. It it's from almost any other type of fish, they "wriggle" on the substrate for a few days and then become free swimming.
I was thinking the same thing. It looks free swimming to me...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back