Mysterious Pink... Bump... on Guppy tail

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Silvermist80

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I came home from work today to find my yellow male Guppy has this strange pink round bump on it's tail fin. I've never seen this before.... or even heard of it. :oops::confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200915-160949_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200915-160949_Video Player.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_20200915-161011_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200915-161011_Video Player.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 111
Any idea what kind? Antibiotics are pretty tough to come by these days... might help to know what I'm dealing with. Trying to peruse Google also.

Any idea what kind? Antibiotics are pretty tough to come by these days... might help to know what I'm dealing with. Trying to peruse Google also.
No clue to be honest. The people I tagged might know.

Looks like he scraped it on something to me. Especially since it just appeared today. Daily 70% water changes along with aquarium salt should fix him up. First day, dose 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt for every 5 gallons of tank water. After that, do 3/4 tablespoon of aquarium salt per every 5 gallons after you do the 70% water change. Be sure the salt is dissolved before adding to tank so it doesnā€™t sting the fish. Do this for 10 days. Keep us posted. Look around to see if thereā€™s anything he could have stuck his head in. :)

Sorry I don't know what it is, just wanted to say that you have some beautiful male guppies there! Would love to see more pics. Do you breed them?

If it grew rapidly to that size in 24 hours then it's unlikely to be a bacterial infection.
It could be something like a blood blister caused by a minor injury. Follow Deanasue's info (water changes and salt) and see how it goes.

Looks like he scraped it on something to me. Especially since it just appeared today. Daily 70% water changes along with aquarium salt should fix him up. First day, dose 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt for every 5 gallons of tank water. After that, do 3/4 tablespoon of aquarium salt per every 5 gallons after you do the 70% water change. Be sure the salt is dissolved before adding to tank so it doesnā€™t sting the fish. Do this for 10 days. Keep us posted. Look around to see if thereā€™s anything he could have stuck his head in. :)
Iā€™m having the same problem, I tried this for 10 days and it didnā€™t seem to make a difference. I think the ball has become bigger now, any idea what else I could do? ā˜¹ļø

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back