FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CozyCat

Fish Fanatic
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi all,

Found my betta dead this morning and I have absolutely no idea what happened😔
Since I got him he earlier this year he has been great, behaving normally, eating, and no sign of disease.

Water parameters are fine; pH 7.6, Ammonia and nitrite both 0, and Nitrate below 20ppm. Water temp is 23 degrees Celcius which is normal for the morning, usually is around 24 degrees by night time. Tank had a water change earlier this week.

I've got some pics below of how he was when I found him, and one of him healthy and happy. Looks like there's this fuzzy white fungus growing on his body, that was not there yesterday. He must have been struggling to get enough oxygen by how his mouth and gills are😔

Would really appreciate any possible explanations you may have.
Thanks in advance.

Photo of him happy and healthy:
20210909_185844.jpg

When I found him dead this morning:
20211125_103501.jpg20211125_103630.jpg

I’m so sorry about the loss of your beautiful betta boy. Unfortunately, I know close to nothing about betta care and illness. I hope someone can help you figure this out!

I’m so sorry about the loss of your beautiful betta boy. Unfortunately, I know close to nothing about betta care and illness. I hope someone can help you figure this out!
Thank you foxgirl158, I am very sad about it since he was so beautiful and such a peaceful soul😞

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back