Mysterious betta disease

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fishfish123

Reaction score
I seperate my betta from my main tank this morning because he was acting off, being listless and I noticed some small spots on him, thinking it was a fighting issue I put him in another tank but I came home just now to find he has some sort if disease. White spots over a good portion of his body,and his fins are discolored and I've looked for answers online and can't find any.

Attachments

• 11111.jpg
    11111.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 22222.jpg
    22222.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 137
A close up photo would be useful.

Do these spots look like grains of salt? If yes its ICH.
If it is ICH as I suspect put him back in the main tank because all your fish will have it and the whole tank needs treating, The best way to treat the tank is to raise the water temp to 30 to 32 deg c and keep it there for 5 days. You should see results in 24 hours.

A close up photo would be useful.

Do these spots look like grains of salt? If yes its ICH.
If it is ICH as I suspect put him back in the main tank because all your fish will have it and the whole tank needs treating, The best way to treat the tank is to raise the water temp to 30 to 32 deg c and keep it there for 5 days. You should see results in 24 hours.
No I dont believe it is ich ive seen and treated that before they are like little brownish spots now that i look at it more closely they are almost hook shaped and what would cause that much of a massive discolaration in the fins that quickly?

they are like little brownish spots now that i look at it more closely

In that case I have no advice to offer. Sorry.

Sorry to hear that, did you manage to get a close up of the spots on him? How are your other fish?

Sorry to hear that, did you manage to get a close up of the spots on him? How are your other fish?
I took him into my local pet store and they told me they thought it was velvet, and gave me medication for the rest of my tank. the others seem fine to me but im watching closely

What did they sell you?

Looking at the pictures, it doesn't look like velvet to me. Usually velvet in like there is gold dusting on the fish, not raised specs of brown. I would think it was more of a mite thing. Is there such thing as fish mites? I have no idea but that's what it looks like.

Either way it looks like the meds they gave you are for parasites, so I say go ahead and use it if the other fish are showing symptoms of the same thing.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back