My yearly trip to petco

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

connorlindeman

Addicted to aquatic plants
Reaction score
I rarely go to petco.
I'm lucky to have decent aquarium stores in my area so I have no need to go there unless they are having their fish tank sale.

Last Saturday I went to petco to get 2 more 10g tanks.
Here what I saw.

Tons of sick bettas in tiny cups:
IMG_6279.JPGIMG_6282.JPGIMG_6283.JPGIMG_6284.JPGIMG_6286.JPGIMG_6287.JPGIMG_6288.JPG
Dying plants:
IMG_6289.JPGIMG_6290.JPG
A couple cool animals ill never have:
IMG_6291.JPGIMG_6292.JPGIMG_6293.JPGIMG_6295.JPG
And last by not least, something I've never seen before. Glowfish Bettas.
IMG_6297.JPG IMG_6296.JPG
They looked to worst out of all of them.

I rarely go to petco.
I'm lucky to have decent aquarium stores in my area so I have no need to go there unless they are having their fish tank sale.

Last Saturday I went to petco to get 2 more 10g tanks.
Here what I saw.

Tons of sick bettas in tiny cups:
View attachment 306354View attachment 306355View attachment 306356View attachment 306357View attachment 306358View attachment 306359View attachment 306360
Dying plants:
View attachment 306361View attachment 306362
A couple cool animals ill never have:
View attachment 306363View attachment 306364View attachment 306365View attachment 306367
And last by not least, something I've never seen before. Glowfish Bettas.
View attachment 306369 View attachment 306368
They looked to worst out of all of them.
You think those cups are small, come to my local mom and pop shop. They are a third that size, maybe even a fourth. Fish look 10x worse to, most of the time there are a few dead ones. It's sad...

I guess a place a few hours away just got a really sweat reptile and fish specializing store. I really want to check it out.

You think those cups are small, come to my local mom and pop shop. They are a third that size, maybe even a fourth. Fish look 10x worse to. It's sad...
Wow, can you get pics next time you go?

Tells you what you need to know about people don't it ?
Calls for yet another viewing of "The Menagerie" (Star Trek: The Original Series) ... one of my favorite episodes, and the only two-parter in the original series, at that

But I digress....

I bought a goldfish betta once. She was very unhealthy and didn't make it more than a few months. The glo skirt tetra on the other hand were very healthy and long living. I don't know why they GM fish though- they already come in a beautiful assortment of colors. Later on in keeping fish I am into the natural colors.

Last edited:
I bought a goldfish betta once. She was very unhealthy and didn't make it more than a few months. The glo skirt tetra on the other hand were very healthy and long living. I dont know why they GM fish though- they already come in a beautiful assortment of colors.
That why can be summed up in one word. Greedy , unbridled , unrestrained and dollar worshipping CAPITALISM !

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back