April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Dojoloaches

Reaction score
Hi can anyone please help me !?

Yesterday morning I found my weather loach laying on his side, initially I though he died but then when I touched him he went crazy across the tank moving his head one way whilst swimming upside down .
I am on my second day now and he has been removed from the tank . He is still breathing but not eating . He keeps trying to turn over on his side but I keep moving him upright I don’t know what to do here I really want to save him . Please help

my tank is a cold water 50litre tank with 2 loaches and 5 white cloud minnows
With a perfect filter system please help if anyone knows anything
Thank you

What are your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH, and GH levels?

What are your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH, and GH levels?
I would say ammonia in my fish tank is pretty low as I tend to do a good clean once a week to remove any waste from the tank with the sand cleaner , and I do not have any fresh water plants in although I am in able to provide you with PH, and GH levels as I don’t know sorry unless someone knows and can tell me how to do it

I would say ammonia in my fish tank is pretty low as I tend to do a good clean once a week to remove any waste from the tank with the sand cleaner , and I do not have any fresh water plants in although I am in able to provide you with PH, and GH levels as I don’t know sorry unless someone knows and can tell me how to do it
If you can I would suggest investing in an API master test kit

I will try and order one of amazon . I have read about it but if my water levels are fine is there any other explanation about what might be wrong with my weather loach ? I can provide with a picture of that helps

Is this one ok ?
1D3403DD-8364-4F54-8A27-D272D2FC8C93.png

A photo would be helpful, and a short video if possible. If the video wontt work on this site post a youtube one and give us the link :)

@Colin_T what are your thoughts on this?

A photo would be helpful, and a short video if possible. If the video wontt work on this site post a youtube one and give us the link :)
This is what it does when I try to turn him over the right way around he just wiggles upside down with his head moving just one way I feel I am at a loss here I tried to hand feed him like I did yesterday but he’s not having it today

Attachments

• 84DE1CB4-9346-4D6E-A0E4-0BBD215CE818.png
    84DE1CB4-9346-4D6E-A0E4-0BBD215CE818.png
    344.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 62AA579E-9032-4DF5-BEF1-F0FF9A30D4FE.png
    62AA579E-9032-4DF5-BEF1-F0FF9A30D4FE.png
    451.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 62E3DB97-C52D-4B06-8A84-244AA2DB7870.png
    62E3DB97-C52D-4B06-8A84-244AA2DB7870.png
    369.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 6E6EB299-247B-4491-9949-BC0DBB21933A.png
    6E6EB299-247B-4491-9949-BC0DBB21933A.png
    367.1 KB · Views: 137
Hmmm. His gills are very red, which could be ammonia poisoning. Do a 75% water change every day for a week. Hopefully we can figure it out before a week has passed but that should help

Hmmm. His gills are very red, which could be ammonia poisoning. Do a 75% water change every day for a week. Hopefully we can figure it out before a week has passed but that should help
Yeah I’ve been changing the water and adding the water cleaner solution as well but I’m worried about him not getting any air as he is stuck to the bottom when I lift him he makes a really loud gasping sound that comes from his mouth and his back side makes a bubble sound at first when I was googling I though it was swim bladder disease but no one talks about how they act when that happens

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back