My very modest collection of tanks.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Wow! You have quite the green thumb! What is the dense circular plant mass in pic #1? What’s growing above the water line? Is that a lot of hornwort I see? Love that rather delicate appearing plant, but so did the goldfish who renamed it Goldie Salad.

Last photo is 20L tetra AquaArt with the old 11W fluorescent light, here are 2 Hymenochirus boettgeri (frogs) living, together with neocaridina and a lot of melanoides-snails. First two photos are Eheim VivaLine 150 now without the guppies mesdames, number 3 & 4 are my 60L Tetra AquaArt 60 which had the flourescent 13W (good light) lamp but now has a LED, this is my tank for subwassertang and shrimp, number 5 & 6 are the 30L cube from Dennerle.
My secondhand big tank came to me with fluorescent lights in the canopy. They were inoperable. It also came with a LED strip. We removed the canopy before trouble shooting the fluorescents because it was over 6 feet tall & I needed a ladder to feed the fish etc.
That‘s when I got the Fluval Aquasky 2.
0D61086E-7FFC-4B67-AD30-134AA26C43E9.jpeg

Yes, you are seeing hornwort there and the round masse of plant is subwassertang what is actually Süßwassertang and is a gametophyte fern, thus the first, non plant coverted stadium of ferns, this amazing plant can also exist living in the dark (little light) and is very suitable for the dark zone though she loves strong light all the same way.
DSC00089.JPG
DSC00161.JPG
DSC00167.JPG
DSC00118.JPG

Fascinating! Thanks. Will investigate. Wonder if this is a candidate for my axotles tanks? They are maintained at 60-65F. Very dim lighting. Can they tolerate cold water?

That massive plant of yours appears to be widely available. Suppose I could toss some in a cold water tank & see what happens.
AFB6D04D-3B55-435E-A757-5643519E9FE1.jpeg
159A6A6B-FEB3-4B8A-810A-2FD2DCD9BE02.jpeg

Because the old crystal 300 l/h monster filterbox from Tetra went kaputt 2 weeks ago i had to take my reserve, an old tetratec interior that makes 800 L/h and it's much better now. I took all of the blue dream neocaridina and i could count some 80 of them but it will be it, they are all gone to their camerades and friends(7 of them) of the 150 L vivaline, i recommenced yesterday with 5 neon yellow fire of the neoc. , the babies will be excellent dinner for especially some guramis i hope.
DSC00183.JPG
DSC00184.JPG

Since then and as I said it wgoldfarb long time ago, there was trouble within the choco gurami group, they can be so agressive and dominant and intransigent face to some familiars, it was not good in my constelation for 8 but 6 have survived till now, two of then have formed some form of couple, the biggiest one and the adorate other, the other 4 do forme a different group, I never hat it bevore, they are really fascinating fish, anabantidae. Today they got self-made artemia for the first time, this artemia will help me to keep these fishes in healthy conditions, I never have grown artemia myself before, I commenced with 6,5 L of water, with the right mesured density of salt, and today are 10 days that I put the eggs in the water, this bowl of 8 L is conneczed to the air pumpe of a 13 L barely shrimp tank in the kitchen at the window.
DSC00081.JPG

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back