My Update's Today.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

rdstars

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Slowly getting my tank how I want it, little by little.

Before:

DSCF0651.jpg

After:

DSCF0655.jpg

DSCF0666.jpg

DSCF0667.jpg

Also saw these pair today and just had to have them: ( Rock Shrimp )

DSCF0671.jpg

DSCF0696.jpg

Will be after another pair of the Rock Shrimp, also going to get various Tetra's, maybe Rummynose, Serpae, Gold Harliequin. Oh and want a few more glass Catfish.

Looking very good.

Keith.

Looks great. Would recommend you move your 2 java fern (in front of your tall vallis) and tie them to your wood as you have done with your anubias sp. Java fern doesn't like growing in a substrate, tends to get blackened leaves which fall off

The Java and the Ferns I have netted down to a piece of slate and then I have got black gravel over the top.

Should I buy a flat piece of Bogwood for Java, maybe the Ferns aswell. I found them hard to hold down mind and the Java is still in those ceramics.

Looked at the price of Anibus and gee it's expensive, my favourite plant and only successfully one to date. Hoping it will grow and cover the Bogwood I have.

really like your tank. The 3D background is excellent and your new shrimp should enjoy haging out on it :good:

Another change, hope I got it right this time.

I bought 2 small pieces of Bogwood ( not as though I havent got enough in there :blink: )

Removed the Slate, got all the Java Fern and used elastic band to hold it to the Bogwood. Tried to place it so the roots will have something to grip to, I hope I dont it right.

With the Reed type of plant in the rear I loosely put them in the ceramic with the roots clearly out of the bottom and mounded the gravel over the top. Not to bothered if these work as long as the Java takes of.

DSCF0705.jpg

DSCF0706.jpg

Also a little update on Fish. I had my one Firemouth die of swim bladder recently, I dont think it fair on him to be a single so I donated him to the LFS.

Stock so far:

7 x Albino Bristlenose
6 x Glass Cat
4 x Goriamis
4 x Rams
2 x Kribs
2 x Rock Shrimp
1 x Talking Catfish

Thoughts for the future stock:

Various Tetra's, maybe Rummynose, Serpae, Gold Harliequin BUT not decided.
3-6 more Glass Catfish
2 more Rock Shrimp
May get another pair of Kribs or a pair of Cockatoo/Rainbow Cichlids.

And should be finished by then :fun:

Another change, hope I got it right this time.

I bought 2 small pieces of Bogwood ( not as though I havent got enough in there :blink: )

Removed the Slate, got all the Java Fern and used elastic band to hold it to the Bogwood. Tried to place it so the roots will have something to grip to, I hope I dont it right.

With the Reed type of plant in the rear I loosely put them in the ceramic with the roots clearly out of the bottom and mounded the gravel over the top. Not to bothered if these work as long as the Java takes of.

DSCF0705.jpg

DSCF0706.jpg

Also a little update on Fish. I had my one Firemouth die of swim bladder recently, I dont think it fair on him to be a single so I donated him to the LFS.

Stock so far:

7 x Albino Bristlenose
6 x Glass Cat
4 x Goriamis
4 x Rams
2 x Kribs
2 x Rock Shrimp
1 x Talking Catfish

Thoughts for the future stock:

Various Tetra's, maybe Rummynose, Serpae, Gold Harliequin BUT not decided.
3-6 more Glass Catfish
2 more Rock Shrimp
May get another pair of Kribs or a pair of Cockatoo/Rainbow Cichlids.

And should be finished by then :fun:

I love your tank...very nice. Do you know the name of the reed - like plant in the back?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back