My Tiels And Budgies That I Miss Dearly..

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DyArianna

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
These are some pics of my birds that I have had.  I had a wonderful flock going and after adopting one from our local Humane Society (even after quarantine) my whole flock perished.  I hope to have birds again someday.. but it won't be too soon. 

This is Hetty...the matriarch of my Tiel family. 
009-1-1.jpg

This is Gibbs... the patriarch.  And he looks the role.  :)
018-1-1-1.jpg

One of our babies growing her feathers in...
IMAG0421.jpg

Sam and Abby our Budgies..
029-1.jpg

They look great 
good.gif

I always used to want a budgie, strangely. I've never had one though :/

I had a beautiful hand reared cockatiel, he used to wolf whistle and say pretty boy.
Unfortunately he escaped from his cage when I had it outside in the garden and that was that :(
I was moving two weeks later, ugh it was torture hearing him when I was out walking my dog. He was so friendly he would land on your head, I imagine he got caught by a cat or something :(
They look like they were fun whilst you had them :)

This reminds me of my own birds.
I had a yellow cockatiel named Sunny who was so well trained and full of personality. He stayed in my study and when I would come in he would make happy noises. Then if I ignored him he would make angry noises. I would open the cage and he would jump into the door and call to me. If I would ignore him he would fly over and peck on my keyboard actually pressing keys and ruining my typing until I put him on my shoulder and talked to him. I also had two budgies named x-wing and y-wing, and when I was a kid I kept pigeons.

I discovered I am highly allergic to birds so I had to stop keeping them. Sad really.

I hope to someday have some more birds.  But I find I get really attached to them (which you should) and I have a soft heart for when I find one that might need a home and take him/her in.  There's MTS here.. but there's also MBS.  lol  Anyway, I told myself that if I ever did get another bird.. it would be JUST one...  and I hope to have a different species.  Maybe a Lovebird, Conure, Ringneck or maybe a Grey or Cockatoo!  Someday... someday..    In the meantime, I find myself visiting the local pet shops and watching the birds there...and sometimes making sure they are taken care of appropriately.  This keeps me bird happy for now. 

Shelster... so sad to hear!  :(  We can only hope someone was able to catch him and give him a good home. 

TCamos...  2 out of my 3 males could whistle/talk.  They could whistle the tune to If You Are Happy And You Know It..  and almost had the Andy Griffith show tune downpacked.  They also said Hello...  pretty bird...  and what's your name?.  They could do several types of whistles as well.  Quite interesting little creatures.  If they were not covered promptly at the same time each night.. I had one male that would start off in this low pitched drone of a whistle until it was done.  Same in the morning with uncovering.  More than half of them were free flight...but I had a few that were wretched flyers.  And so, for their safety, they were clipped. 

I love that. Sunny could whistle tunes and say "Sunny Bird". The budgies sadly could do just about nothing. ;)

My budgies were clipped for as you said they couldn't fly to save their lives but Sunny could.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back