My thanks (Byron)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Byron

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
My sincere appreciation to all my online friends and associates on TFF for the incredibly kind words, and most importantly for the good wishes and thoughts and prayers, posted in the "update" threads that AbbeysDad initiated over the past few weeks. Your words have meant more than most of you can ever realize, during what has been without question the worst period in my life of now 70 years; I reached for the tissue box several times.

A special note of gratitude to Mike for keeping in touch and providing updates. As Mike said, he and I have known each other online for some 15 years now and I too consider him a good friend, and a very knowledgeable hobbyist. It is truly a rewarding pleasure to work with such colleagues.

Cancer ruins and takes the lives of many people, and no doubt others on this forum have experienced this directly or with close family. I am certainly not alone in this, and I am without question luckier than some have been, in that, at least for the moment, I have overcome the immediate danger, though it was a very close call; the CT scan the week prior to the second surgery identified how aggressive and spreading the cancer had suddenly become. It was truly a sobering realization that I might not have lived much past the end of this year.

One has quite an adjustment to make in how one lives day by day, when internal organs are removed and some form of substitute functioning internal and external is necessary. This has been a very long haul, and the worst is now behind me. The future will be different, but I expect and pray that my life will again have some of the value that has been eroded over the past couple of years.

I have not reached the mental or physical strength to return to an active participation on TFF. Just as I am slowly improving my basic life responses and skills, so too will my mental faculties improve. The basis of humanity is helping others, and that applies to this hobby as well as it should to every aspect of our lives as human beings. May God bless each of you.

Byron.

Hi Byron,
It's brilliant that you are back on the road to health after such a harrowing time. One step at a time and let others help you (and your fish ;) ) until you have regained your strength.

You are a true gentleman and I hope you can return to TFF, your absence had left a huge hole where your sensitive, educated and courteous posts showed others the way on many levels.

Wishing you a speedy recovery,
Naughts x

Welcome back Byron,

Great to hear from you and glad youve overcome what must of been a worrying time for you and your family.

We’re all thinking about you and wishing you a speedy recovery, so put your feet up, get plenty of rest and im sure you will feel more yourself very soon

Take care :)

Byron...thanks for giving us an update on your ongoing recovery. Hope you get stronger every day and have beat back the big C. You have been sorely missed here and we look forward to your returning to your normal very helpful self on our forums.

Wishing you a very speedy and comfortable recovery.

Last edited:
Good to hear from you. I'll look forward to you returning to health and to participation on this forum. I miss your knowledgeable responses. Take care of yourself.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back