My tetra tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mcostas

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
It's 20 gallon long, has 5 black neons, 4 glolights, 10 neons (think).

There are 2 Amazon swords, one at each end, I think they might get too big for the tank.

Driftwood with Anubis, dragon stone with baby java ferns, hornwort and hydrilla like stuff.

All but the amazons are attached to movable stuff, which I was removing to vacuum the gravel every week. It's never bad though and I could never get it back to the way it was. Now in my tanks I just vacuum around stuff. My parameters are always good, I don't even have nitrate, I fertilize from time to time.

I actually removed some stuff because it was hard to clean around and seemed cluttered. They don't seem to mind. Those Amazons are really getting big, any suggestions on how to maintain them? I don't want to prune it wrong and kill it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220308_205253123~2.jpg
    IMG_20220308_205253123~2.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20220308_205311667~2.jpg
    IMG_20220308_205311667~2.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 60
Agree, lovely aquascape for those fish. I wouldn't worry about the swords, they provide some shade which the tetras will appreciate (most characins do not like overhead lighting). You could trim off the outer leaves once in a while if you like, just a couple at a time. Outer leaves are older and the plant channels its energy to the new inner leaves. This might make them stay their present size, some suggest this but I've never done it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back