What's new

my teacher's fish tank is being conquered by territorial hillstream loaches

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

P3rhaps009

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my teacher's fish tank is being conquered by territorial dwarf plecos. if anyone knows a natural predator that will eat the dwarf plecos without harming other fish in the tank then please let me know. (The tank is freshwater and is 40 gallons in mass)

my teacher's fish tank is being conquered by territorial dwarf plecos. if anyone knows a natural predator that will eat the dwarf plecos without harming other fish in the tank then please let me know. (The tank is freshwater and is 40 gallons in mass)
Could u not just remove the pleco’s?

I am an evil adult assigning homework. Can you find out what species dwarf plecos are? It isn't a name used where I am, and I can imagine a bunch of fish that could be called that. Some solutions might be easier.

If you can grow most catfish to 2 inches, stores want them. You won't get much for them, but there is always a demand.

I am an evil adult assigning homework. Can you find out what species dwarf plecos are? It isn't a name used where I am, and I can imagine a bunch of fish that could be called that. Some solutions might be easier.

If you can grow most catfish to 2 inches, stores want them. You won't get much for them, but there is always a demand.
I don't remember the latin name for it but i do remember that they work in groups and don't grow more than an inch, I don't think a pet store would want that sort of aggressive animal when they can just by normal ones for the same price.

I don't remember the latin name for it but i do remember that they work in groups and don't grow more than an inch, I don't think a pet store would want that sort of aggressive animal when they can just by normal ones for the same price.
Oh trust me, they will.
Also the normal ones get to be HUUUUGE. And sometimes aggressive as well.

Oh trust me, they will.
Also the normal ones get to be HUUUUGE. And sometimes aggressive as well.
ok i'll see what my teacher thinks of it he probably would just keep them until they die off on their own (they aren't that big of a threat currently.)

A one inch pleco? I am very curious about this. Anyone?

A one inch pleco? I am very curious about this. Anyone?
I thought they said 2 inches... I know there are a few small species that only get 2-3 inches

Ottos, maybe? I can't imagine anyone calling them aggressive, and they seldom if ever spawn in captivity. Could we be talking about dwarf cories, maybe?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back