My Tanks

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I might! It's been a couple months or so, and I have yet to see one, or to see any sign of their activity in the substrate. Wonder if they all died...Maybe I'm the only person in the world who can kill off MTS. It would fit, since I also seem to be the only person in the world who can't grow valisneria. :/
I have such a weird feeling about sharing pest snails with other aquarists....it's like giving someone else's dog fleas, lol

I can help you out though, when the weather cools a bit

Black phantom tetras, et al, in my 29G during feeding time...the males were sparring with each other heavily, until I started the video, then they quit, of course, lol....that's what I wanted to capture

[VIDEO]

Black phantom tetras, et al, in my 29G during feeding time...the males were sparring with each other heavily, until I started the video, then they quit, of course, lol....that's what I wanted to capture

[VIDEO]
Nice. What are the grassy looking plants?

[VIDEO]
lol! well i guess they want a snack break and then have some fun

Neo color morphs, in my 10G...what's interesting is that ALL of these shrimp are descendants of blue rili culls, that I bought from a breeder...apparently, some different color genes were carried by the initial breeding batch...I have never had red color morphs in this tank until now...many will tell you to not mix different Neo colors, because they will eventually all breed into a dull brown, but I have kept Neos for years and have never seen that happen....and, in this case, I had no choice to begin with

PS please ignore the multitudes of MTS...they are all going to @WhistlingBadger, one of these days...I abhor those things

[VIDEO]

Neo color morphs, in my 10G...what's interesting is that ALL of these shrimp are descendants of blue rili culls, that I bought from a breeder...apparently, some different color genes were carried by the initial breeding batch...I have never had red color morphs in this tank until now...many will tell you to not mix different Neo colors, because they will eventually all breed into a dull brown, but I have kept Neos for years and have never seen that happen....and, in this case, I had no choice to begin with

PS please ignore the multitudes of MTS...they are all going to @WhistlingBadger, one of these days...I abhor those things

[VIDEO]
wow, that is a BIG shrimp
i'm planning on getting red fire shimps

Looks awesome. I really love Black Phantom tetras and they are one of the few common tetras that I haven't kept. We almost always had at least 1 tank with them in when I was a kid though.

Interesting on the Neo's. My Mrs wanted a mix of colours and I told her the old "They will all just end up brown". Might just have to give it a try.

Also love the MTS, they are great tank critters, haven't got any in my tank yet. Was actually disappointed that none hitchhiked in on my plants.

Looks awesome. I really love Black Phantom tetras and they are one of the few common tetras that I haven't kept. We almost always had at least 1 tank with them in when I was a kid though.

Interesting on the Neo's. My Mrs wanted a mix of colours and I told her the old "They will all just end up brown". Might just have to give it a try.

Also love the MTS, they are great tank critters, haven't got any in my tank yet. Was actually disappointed that none hitchhiked in on my plants.
Thanks much...I've also had yellow phantoms as well...great little fish, lots of personality

Yeah, don't hesitate on mixing the colors with the Neos...if they do indeed finally revert to a dullish brown coloring, I would suspect it would take years to happen...too bad you're across the pond, I'd give you as many of those wretched MTS as you could carry, lol

Hey slap! Slowly working my way through your journal. I remember your tanks from back when! Am I right that the 40b was a lot more densely planted... You must have some some culling/pruning, it looks really nice! And the 10 wasn't as densely planted then, looks very lush now! Or am I confusing the two?

Your tanks looked great back then, they look great now!

Hey slap! Slowly working my way through your journal. I remember your tanks from back when! Am I right that the 40b was a lot more densely planted... You must have some some culling/pruning, it looks really nice! And the 10 wasn't as densely planted then, looks very lush now! Or am I confusing the two?

Your tanks looked great back then, they look great now!
Thanks much, my friend...yes, the tanks have gone through some changes over the years, down to just the 40B, the 10G, and the 29G...need to get some updated FTS for you to see

Lol, sorry Goldie, here's the best I could do with my crummy camera, couldn't get my phone pics to download, for some reason

The 40B

Attachments

• IMG_5598.JPG
    IMG_5598.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5599.JPG
    IMG_5599.JPG
    221.9 KB · Views: 50
Lol, sorry Goldie, here's the best I could do with my crummy camera, couldn't get my phone pics to download, for some reason

The 40B
The 10G, AFTER I yanked out some of the plants...there were more plants than water in that tank, lol

Attachments

• IMG_5600.JPG
    IMG_5600.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5601.JPG
    IMG_5601.JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 54

Most reactions

Back